Growth Machine is hiring an Associate Manager, SEO and Client Strategy to help manage client projects, run technical and content audits, and support our link building practice.
This role will manage smaller clients autonomously, while supporting some larger accounts, as well as sales, marketing, and link building, to ensure our clients are getting the white glove service we pride ourselves on, and that we're delivering premium content that earns our clients the top spots in Google for the search terms relevant to their business.
This is the perfect role for someone who is excited about project management, client communications, account management, SEO, and campaign planning within an agency environment, particularly if their goal is to develop these skills and grow into a more senior SEO account planner role at a growing internet-based company.
The Associate Manager, SEO and Client Strategy is both a lead account manager on smaller SEO client projects, as well as a key member of the team that supports sales and larger-scale client projects. The person in this role will wear a few different hats, but the ultimate responsibility of this role is to make sure that everything is running smoothly, seamlessly, and on schedule at all times for their own projects, and support the rest of the team to ensure that larger accounts are running equally smoothly.
To do that, the AM has to split their time between coordinating the editorial planning and SEO audit processes and being available for clients' needs. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Search optimized keyword research, in conjunction with appropriate category and competitive analysis
- Editorial planning and scheduling
- Liaising between clients, editors, and writers
- Conducting technical audits on client sites (Note that technical SEO background is NOT necessary for the role; technical auditing training will be provided)
- Engagement with clients to ensure they receive the full support and white glove experience on which we pride ourselves, including conducting meetings, sending weekly project updates, hosting informational meetings, providing resources, and acting as a point of contact for clients’ day-to-day questions and concerns.
- Setting up and managing tracking dashboards for clients.
- Day-to-day troubleshooting and ad hoc responsibilities
- You're a critical thinker and a strong, creative problem-solver.
- You have experience interfacing with clients in an agency, or similarly fast-paced environment. You do not need to have managed your own accounts, but it is a plus.
- You have a keen eye for detail, process, and organization. You're always looking for ways to improve existing processes so that they work better for everyone involved.
- You have a strong understanding of SEO, or at least a basic understanding with a strong desire to learn more.
- It’s a bonus, though not required if you are comfortable analyzing data; specifically, SEO metrics such as site traffic, keyword ranking, and more.
- You have great communication and people skills, and you’d be comfortable managing client expectations and making sure clients are well taken care of.
- You're flexible and agile. You don't bat an eye at a fast pace or a rapidly growing and changing work environment.
- You're capable of working autonomously and remotely, and know when to ask for support. You don’t need to be micro-managed in order to meet your deadlines and do your work well.
- You're friendly, eager to jump in and make the job your own, and love to contribute to tangible business growth and success.
- GSuite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets), Slack, Asana, Zoom, Ahrefs, Google Analytics and Google Search Console familiarity required. Google Data Studio, Accuranker, and Notion familiarity are nice to have, but not required.
- Remote Work: You can work from anywhere in the continental US.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance 100% covered for you and 50% for your family.
- Life Insurance: We cover life insurance for 1x your salary up to 200k, and you can add up to 500k in additional coverage.
- 401k: You'll have access to a 401k with a 6% company match.
- Vacation and Holiday: 20 days paid vacation time, and we take off all major holidays, including a week over the New Year. You’ll also earn additional vacation days for each year that you work here.
- Salary commensurate with experience. Range: $40,000-60,000.