Remote Business Coordinator
Mission Minded (Remote) 🇺🇦
Are you ready for this?
Our vision is that no good cause suffers from bad communication. We need your organizational support expertise to ensure that our clients succeed in achieving their goals.
Mission Minded, a branding firm that works solely with nonprofits, foundations, and schools, is looking for our new Business Coordinator to contribute to our growing company.
- You love to delight colleagues and clients with a can-do attitude
- You are highly driven, organized, and know how to communicate boundaries, prioritize responsibilities, and manage up
- You are a strategic problem solver with excellent communication skills who understands listening well is as important as talking
- You are excellent at managing billing and finances through QuickBooks
- You love project management tools (ex: Teamwork, Basecamp) and are always looking for ways to improve them
- You love working in teams as well as independently and measuring yourself by the success of your peers.
- You actively think about social and racial justice and are comfortable engaging in dialogue with others to use communications to advance anti-racist practices.
- You have excellent communication skills and consider an email to a client as carefully as you would if you were writing a sonnet.
- Provide Operations and Financial Administrative Support, including:
- Provide Client billing support and tracking billable hours and project overages
- Generate monthly client invoices
- Monitoring timesheels across the team to ensure accuracy and billable time captured
- Coordinating with project teams for scope and hourly overages
- Prepare and track vendor agreements and purchase orders
- Support vendor compliance processes
- Support in processing client agreements, including allocating budgets and generating estimates in Quickbooks Online.
- Provide Business Development Support, including:
- Draft Client agreements and follow up with Clients regarding pending contract signatures
- Manage client project onboarding process, including setting up project folders, project management platform set up and access, client support in initial set up, and on-going technical support, as needed.
- Work with project teams to archive client projects at the completion of work.
- Coordinate efforts and communications between business development and operations and project teams
- Support internal shared filing systems on Google Workspace, including files, collateral and proprietary information.
- Provide client and project team tech support, as needed.
- Support onboarding + offboarding of vendors and full time staff.
- Participate in virtual weekly staff meetings
- We’re deeply committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse voices partake in all aspects of our company and have been actively working on overall DEI internal practices for several years. You can learn more about our commitments here.
- We’ve been a virtual office since our founding in 2002. We know how to create a strong culture remotely, and we’re energized knowing that every person who joins our small company contributes to that culture. We successfully create opportunities for connections with colleagues in many ways.
- We take our company values seriously and invite you to discuss them with any of our employees throughout the hiring process. You can learn more about them here.
- We’ve developed a very strong reputation in the nonprofit community. Much of our business comes through referrals from previous clients. We’re proud of that. So we set high standards for our work, and we’re very committed to excellent customer service.
Our Ideal Candidate Has
- Minimum 2-5 years paid experience working in a business work environment, preferably creative agency
- A strong commitment to, and lived experience with, racial justice, equity, and inclusion work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in business development (drafting agreements, and client relations)
- Strong business acumen
- The motivation to work well both independently and in teams
- Superlative project management skills, experience in Teamwork a plus
- Exceptional analytical skills and an eye for attention to detail
- Fluent user of Quickbooks Online, Teamwork, Slack, Trello, Google Suite, Office Suite,
- Although Mission Minded is a for-profit company, our clients work with limited budgets and often within constrained resources; our compensation reflects that reality. The starting salary range for this position is $51,000-62,000 depending on experience.
- We offer additional non-salary benefits (such as 100% employer paid healthcare, generous vacation policy, professional development funds, etc.) that contribute another 30% above this.
- Applicants must live in the contiguous US and be legally authorized to work here.
- Applicants use their own office technology, including an Apple computer (we’ll provide if necessary), software, and phone.
We can't wait to read your cover letter and resume! Cover letters present a wonderful opportunity for us to get to know you better. Therefore, please be sure to send BOTH your resume and cover letter.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please—we promise to respond via email.
Mission Minded is prepared to modify or adjust the job application process or the job or work environment to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of the applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the position he or she desires, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please let us know in your cover letter.