Lumerate is growing rapidly, and we’re searching for a Business Development Manager to join our Zapyrus Team for the journey!
Who is Lumerate?
We help our customers achieve the full picture of their industries. We also strive to achieve our own personal full pictures from a career fulfillment and learning perspective. We’re in the business of gathering intelligence about industries and delivering it to the right people within those industries through innovative software interfaces. Our vision is to be the world's most useful and trusted source of information for professionals seeking to understand what's happening in their industry.
Our mission: To deliver industry awareness to an ever-increasing number of people, in whatever way helps them to make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
All about Zapyrus:
Zapyrus, Lumerate’s second product, is an intelligence tool designed for sales professionals in the medical devices space to understand what is happening in their niches. Today MedTech service providers such as CROs, quality, regulatory, design & engineering, and manufacturing houses all over the world trust Zapyrus for their sales research.
What the role looks like:
Reporting to our Commercial Director, the primary responsibilities of the position will be:
1) attainment of monthly new pipeline growth goals in the form of Zapyrus-initiated outreach to new prospects.
2) attainment of monthly new logo MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) targets for closed business, from either inbound or an outbound account list owned/generated by you.
Other day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Moving sales opportunities through the sales pipeline through to a close.
- Hunting for new access routes into prospect companies.
- Prospecting into service provider companies that sell to MedTech OEMs.
- Hosting DEMO calls.
- Hosting trial onboarding calls.
- Hosting trial debrief calls and contract negotiations.
- Building prospect and client relationships with service providers to the medtech OEM.
- Researching MedTech CROs, CMOs, design firms, regulatory agencies prospects
- Initiating cold outreach to viable prospects through whichever methods you deem to be most effective.
- Being the eyes and ears for product feedback that will lead to increased revenue and improved user retention.
- Maintaining internal records and continually suggesting improvements to any administrative aspects of the sales organization.
- Identifying new early adopters and early majority prospects for Zapyrus.
- Contribute as a team player to the rest of the Lumerate functional teams.
- Helping develop content and messaging that facilitates expansion of our overall sales organization.
Who will be successful in this role?
- An excellent communicator who can effectively convey ideas and emotions via email, phone, video conferencing and in-person interactions.
- Someone with a client-focused and problem solving mindset.
- An empathetic team player with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- A dynamic problem who’s always looking for ways to improve.
- Someone who is passionate about building relationships
- A life-long learner who prioritizes learning and development and strives for growth.
- A strategic thinker who loves solving puzzles.
- Someone who is deeply inquisitive.
- An optimist with contagious enthusiasm.
- Someone who is detail oriented (so you’ll notice that we’d like you to mention ‘Baymax’ in your cover letter).
What we’d love to see in your previous work experience:
- A Medtech background (worked in a medtech company in the past or have an educational background that exposes them to medtech. Engineering, chemistry, materials science, etc...)
- Prospecting experience
- Closing experience in SaaS
- B2B selling experience
- A proven track record of selling success
Why Lumerate? Fancy perks etc.
- Help shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable Canadian tech company
- Grow with an experienced team with skills in machine learning, development, business and organizational culture.
- Earn yourself some equity (employee options make up 20% of the value of the company at all times).
- Join us for our annual all-company retreat when we reach our goals (past destinations include Bermuda, Iceland and Costa Rica).
- Three weeks paid vacation + statutory holidays.
- Earn additional paid vacation days with continued learning ($1000 annual stipend for courses and classes)..
- Attend optional weekly social events (both virtual and in person).
- Take part in our Employee Giving Program (you choose the causes and the company provides the funds).
- Basic and extended health and dental benefits.
- Paid maternal and parental leave.
- Base salary TBD, dependent on experience
- Uncapped monthly bonuses and commissions (based on achievement of targets)
Based on the availability of the successful candidate.
We look forward to welcoming our new Business Development Manager either remotely or to our Toronto office three days per week as part of our hybrid crew.
As our newest Business Development Manager-MedTech you’ll be joining us as the 4th member of the Zapyrus family (53rd member of Lumerate), and every day you’ll have the opportunity to make a massive impact at all levels of the organization. We can’t wait to meet you!!
Apply today by submitting your cover letter and resume. While we thank all candidates for their interest. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
At Lumerate we celebrate diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are passionate about fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Lumerate is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.