Remote Controller, Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Adblock, Inc. (Remote) 🇺🇦
Our mission is to create a distraction-free and worry-free internet experience for everyone. We publish the world’s two most popular tools for blocking ads, trackers, and distractions: AdBlock and Adblock Plus, which are used by more than 150 million people worldwide. And we’ve recently expanded our product portfolio to include AdBlock VPN to help our users protect their privacy and access the content they want, wherever they are.
Our products have been downloaded more than 500 million times, are available in 30 different languages, and are used by people in more than 180 countries worldwide. After a decade of creating the world’s most popular ad blockers, we’ve started to expand our product suite to block additional distractions like cookie notices, anti-ad block walls, and the other pop-ups that plague the modern internet.
Our fully-remote team spans 10 countries across North America, Europe, and Asia. What unites us is a desire to ensure our users enjoy a distraction-free and worry-free internet experience.
About The Role
Millions of people discover our products on their own each year in their search for a more private, distraction-free browsing experience. As we’ve grown, our business model has evolved from a business supported primarily via one-time contributions from our users, to a more traditional subscription and recurring revenue supported business. We’re looking for someone who loves finance operations and would love the opportunity to help build out that function at a highly-profitable, growing, consumer-focused software company that’s serving the needs of tens of millions of people worldwide, every month.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the accounting function at Adblock Inc.
- Establish the financial planning and analysis function at Adblock Inc.
- Own the business model for a rapidly-growing consumer-focused software business; you’ll be the voice of our business performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop a clear perspective on the key drivers of our business—conversion rates, year 1 retention rates, average order values, and more—and how they’ll impact the success of our business; you’ll know which metrics matter and which don’t
- Collaborate closely with our product teams to identify and monitor the performance of our key business drivers, and ensure we’re tracking towards our goals
- Work closely with our finance and accounting teams to provide visibility into our quarterly rolling forecasts and fine-tune our annual and long-range financial planning processes
- Develop business models around new product initiatives that are informed by available public and private market comps from comparable business
- Create sensitivity analysis to identify the impact of different variables on the performance of our business across a number of revenue lines
- This role will report to the CEO and work closely with our internal and external finance and accounting resources
What You’ll Bring to Adblock
- You’re a great communicator who loves collaborating with teammates in finance, product, and engineering to help us grow our business
- You have at least 5 years of experience in accounting or a related financial function
- You have experience with business-to-consumer (B2C) subscription businesses and have used metrics such as lifetime value (LTV) and retention, to influence decision making
- You possess strong qualitative and quantitative skills, with a demonstrated track record for using data to solve complex problems
- You have an undergraduate degree or higher in Business Administration, Accounting, or Economics
- You have a thorough knowledge of Excel and its data and analysis tools
Why You'll Love Our Team
- Competitive Salary: Our salaries are based on Radford data, a widely-used global compensation benchmark, to ensure we provide competitive pay. We don’t adjust your salary based on where you live.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer a benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance coverage*, 401K matching*, 14 weeks of paid parental leave, and more.
- Professional Growth: We give team members the autonomy to do their best work. Because we’re a small team, you’ll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and grow with the team. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- Fully Distributed Community: You’ll be able to work 100% remotely, yet remain well-connected to your colleagues. We meet at least once a year for a week-long offsite.
- Generous Vacation Policy: We encourage our employees to take the time they need for a vacation, to spend time with their families, and to stay healthy by offering at least 28 days of paid leave.
- Office Equipment: We’ll provide you with a setup of your choice, based on what you need to work effectively.
*Currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available in the U.S.
We'd Love to Work With You!
We’re serious about our work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Adblock, Inc. to be a place where people love their work, like their co-workers, and treat everyone with respect and empathy.
We’re a small team and our strength comes from our diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where differences in race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age only make us stronger.
How to Apply
If this role sounds exciting to you, please click “Apply for this position” to visit our career site and submit your resume (include your cover letter in the Personal Summary section). Please be sure to tell us what you find exciting about this role and why you’d like to work with us!