Semaphore is looking for a Developer Evangelist. You're going to love this role if you're passionate about teaching software development best practices and interacting with the community.
Semaphore is a leader in hosted continuous integration and deployment, with over 50,000 developers relying on it to test and deploy their code. Our mission is to help teams ship their software faster and with more confidence by providing a robust and scalable platform for software delivery.
As a Developer Evangelist, your job will be to raise awareness about Semaphore in the development community and educate existing users by creating valuable content and establishing meaningful connections.
You will share best practices related to building, testing, and deploying code while demonstrating interesting ways to use Semaphore. You will apply your past development experience to build cool projects, create compelling educational content, and help developers implement fast CI/CD pipelines.
This is a remote role.
Examples of activities that you will be doing:
- Write thought-leading articles and step-by-step tutorials
- Record videos and screencasts
- Take part in relevant conversations on developer websites, social media, and Semaphore's own channels
- Excite the community and Semaphore user base with new activities, trainings, hackathons, etc.
- Present at industry events
- Provide feedback and collaborate with Semaphore's product, marketing, and customer-facing teams
- Experience in developing test-driven applications and delivering them via CI/CD pipelines
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills
- Ability to quickly research, understand, articulate, and discuss technical topics
- Experience presenting to developers and business audiences
- Bonus points if you’ve worked as a successful developer evangelist or advocate before
- The impact of working on a product competing in a global market.
- Join a small team of around 30 full-time people who love their work.
- A healthy 40-hour work week and a friendly and supportive work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company retreats.
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools and equipment for your job.
- Paid trips to conferences and books of your choice.
- Interact with developers that use Semaphore and talk about the latest and significant way to develop and ship software.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice.
Semaphore is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture, which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.