ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Engineering team is searching for their future Director of Engineering. A strategist, problem solver, and mentor with a passion for developing engineers and executing engineering processes.
Our future Director of Engineering will plan and direct all aspects of engineering activities and projects within our organization. The Director of Engineering will ensure that all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with Bonfire’s established policies and objectives. You’ll be a key contributor to our close-knit executive & leadership team, helping make company-level decisions. Our tremendous growth needs a process-driven, systems thinker to help translate our vision into long term success.
This role lies within our Engineering department and reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart:
Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment; however, this is a contract position and is only open to candidates residing in European & South American time zones.
include but are not limited to:
- Create and execute a departmental strategy to achieve company-wide goals
- Develop team and departmental OKRs
- Manage the entire Department with thoughtful insights, leveraging your personal experience as well as existing legacy systems and expectations from current team members, and finding the right balance while helping us strive forward for excellence
- Ensure the Engineering department is efficient and effective as a unit, with high performance and clear planning, estimates, progress, and visibility for the rest of the company
- Manage and continually improve our existing Agile processes and tooling
- Visit the United States at least three times every year in person
- Coach Managers to develop and execute team-level strategies, providing mentorship and frequent check-ins
- Ensure our hiring managers deploy best practices and bring the best candidates to our team
- Direct and influence the culture of your department in alignment with Bonfire
- Develop engagement, buy-in, and support for efforts across teams, departments, and leadership
- Be a steward of the financial success of the business through financial literacy and autonomy that we will strengthen in the many months to come
- Ensure DevOps architecture is using all best practices in partnership and coordination with our Solutions Architect
- Advise and ensure all salaries and budgets are in line with our CFO
- High School Graduate
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Consistent access to a reasonably distraction free home work space, with reliable access to high-speed internet and use of a smart phone/mobile device.
- Technologically savvy, with strong computer skills and the ability to embrace and adapt to changes to technology that is critical to how we work.
- Good working knowledge of the primary Google business, productivity and collaboration tools/software.
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our team member offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Flexible scheduling
- Year-round swag giveaways
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you.