We're looking for a Director of Quality Engineering with proven leadership experience. You will work with engineering leadership and the broader engineering team to set a vision for quality engineering and build our quality engineering practices. You will also work with counterparts on the product team to help build and deliver a high-quality service for our users.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has prior experience leading, growing, and managing distributed quality engineering teams that comprise both automation and manual testing efforts.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations worldwide manage their fleets. You can learn more about our platform here. Transportation technology is a hot market and we're leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up daily. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and are on an exciting trajectory as a company.
More about Fleetio
- Fleetio overview video: https://gainful.io/jobs/KuloWQheVI/l/2
- Fleetio Go overview video: https://gainful.io/jobs/KuloWQheVI/l/4
- More about the Fleetio platform: https://gainful.io/jobs/KuloWQheVI/l/6
- API docs: developer.fleetio.com
- Test drive Fleetio to get an even better feel for what we're building: https://gainful.io/jobs/KuloWQheVI/l/9
- People love working here - check out our 4.8 Glassdoor rating: https://gainful.io/jobs/KuloWQheVI/l/11
What you'll be doing
As the Director of Quality Engineering, you will:
- Develop, monitor and improve release quality and operational practices necessary to deliver high-quality releases
- Implement practices and drive behaviors that factor in quality early in the software development lifecycle
- Define quality engineering metrics and KPIs and drive team performance utilizing those metrics
- Provide strong leadership, support and rally the quality engineering team towards enabling product engineers to deliver high-quality software
- Collaborate with the product team to plan, test and ship quality releases
- Establish operational objectives and plans, and assign them to the appropriate team members
- Forecast hiring based on product needs and skillset gaps
- Recruit and retain top talent to continue growing our quality engineering initiatives and culture
- Develop team members by identifying potential and providing necessary growth opportunities and support
- Recommend organizational structure changes as necessary based on needs
- Represent Fleetio in relevant industry conferences as a speaker
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it's a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States) or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous tribes & squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software, and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition. Our Quality Engineering team comprises SDETs focused on automation, and Product Quality Analysts focused on manual testing efforts. We've optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to easily get code into our production environments, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week (web app) and weekly mobile releases. See what our team has to say about how we work in their own words here.
- 5+ years of experience leading quality engineering or quality-focused teams as a Director or as a Senior Engineering Manager
- Prior experience building a quality engineering vision, operations, and best practices to achieve them
- Proven experience with web and mobile testing practices that ensure quality releases
- Strong track record in quality engineering as an individual contributor and as a leader
- A strong advocate for automation where necessary that has a meaningful, positive impact on quality
- Strong passion for and track record of attracting, developing, and retaining talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be sure to mention "coffee" in your application so we know you read this
Considered a plus
- You know a thing or two about the fleet management industry
- Prior experience as a Software Engineer or as a Software Engineer in Test
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 8 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long-term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012 #LI-REMOTE
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing job-KuloWQheVI@gainful.io.