As our Manager of the Modules engineering teams at Paymentology you'll be working closely with the Product team in order to enable your software engineers to build enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing systems that power tens of millions of transactions and tie them to web, mobile and API interfaces that make it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid and credit cards all over the world.
The Modules engineering team groups teams responsible for features built as add-ons to the existing platform in order to increase the feature set offered to clients while engineered as stand-alone independent services.
What you get to do:
- Manage teams of engineers across multiple projects within a product group
- Hold regular one-on-ones and career growth conversations with your team leads
- Collaborate effectively with Product to influence the roadmap and prioritize projects
- Lead large, complex projects; breaking them down into smaller tasks and working with product managers and other engineers to drive those tasks to completion
- Effectively present insights and influence outcomes with key stakeholders at all levels to support meaningful impact to Paymentology's business (e.g., Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Executives, and other cross-functional teams)
What it takes to succeed:
- 6+ years of technical experience in the Card Payment industry with at least 3+ years of managing people
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of card payment industry
- Ability to connect the dots beyond a singular task/project to understand the implications for the team, product, and business, not only focused on your own work
- Exceptional engineering skills and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Experience managing data-intensive applications with high reads and writes in production environments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to advocate for your teams, provide support and remove obstacles to keep them focused
- Specific understanding of Credit, KYC/GDPR regulations and/or HSM cryptographic operations an advantage
- Influence/Drive all stages of the process from feature inception through to deployment and optimising for scale
- Ownership of payments processing flow and working with the Product team to agree on ongoing prioritisation of features, helping shape the future of the platform
What you can look forward to:
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. You can look forward to working with a diverse, global team where Paymentologists at all levels play an important part in our global mission to advance the world through payments and make a difference on a global scale.