The Executive Assistant reports directly to the President and provides executive-level support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant must be a self-starter and enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment that follows our core values in everything we do. The ideal candidate will be able to exercise good judgment in various situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to handle confidential matters with discretion.
💡 Interested in applying?
🔍 Please read/follow the next steps outlined in "How to Apply" at the bottom of this listing.
Attention to detail is one of our core values! This is your chance to stand out :)
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- Impeccable organization
- Ruthless prioritization
- Dogged resourcefulness
- Emotionally intelligent
- Big picture thinker - highly innovative
- Ironclad discretion
- Calm multi-tasker
- Supernatural anticipator - resolve issues before they happen
- Natural decision-maker
- Sharp analytics and negotiating skills
- Impressive sense of humor
- Lives by our core values in everything you do
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Completes various administrative tasks for the President including real-time email management along with an active calendar of appointments; prioritizing, composing, and preparing potentially confidential correspondence; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and meeting agendas.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the President’s schedule is followed and respected, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President’s time.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Reacts quickly and confidently to sum up the situation, gather the necessary info, ask the right questions, and, most importantly, act.
- Provides smooth communication between the President’s office and internal teams; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff and all team members.
- Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense of the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the team's success and manages various special and ongoing projects and tasks for the President.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on professional approach, including drafting email responses, handling personal appointments, research, correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the business.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with team members and external partners.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Workspace including Gmail, Calendar, Meet, Drive, Docs, and Sheets, along with Slack, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat, and social media platforms.
- Over five years of experience supporting C-level executives.
- Personal computer with high-speed internet access.
- Ability to work 8 am - 5 pm ET Monday through Friday.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Working knowledge or understanding of WordPress
- Website build experience
- Tech prowess - what other systems, apps, or plugins have you used?
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Health Insurance benefits for all employees in India, Pakistan, Brazil, and Ukraine.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for a vacation, stay healthy, and spend time with friends and family.
- Holidays (based on your location)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Additional Perks such as AM Welcome Box for new team members, Yearly Anniversary Gifts, and Technology Stipend each work anniversary - including a new laptop to celebrate 5 year anniversary with the company.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
Want to find out even more about Awesome Motive? Be sure to take a look at our About and Contributions pages for details on how Awesome Motive has continued to evolve in order to best help small businesses grow and compete with the big guys, and how we strive to give back.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Skills and experience that most closely match the position as described
- Examples of situations where your skills and experience resulted in success
- Explain what you have done in previous positions that make you the best candidate
Also note, don't forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out :)
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!