Remote Finance Analyst
Whitespectre (Remote) 🇺🇦
We’re looking for a Finance Analyst to join the operations team of our startup/growth company. In this role you’ll work with our Operations Function and Executive Leadership Team to inform & deliver our financial plan and to support our internal operations across client billing, team payroll, banking & vendor management. You’ll help identify and execute on opportunities to increase the efficiency and scalability of our company through both technology and process improvements. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Finance individual contributor working directly with senior leadership to manage the financial operations of a small company.
Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our long-term client partners and our own products. Founded in 2013, we partner with both large established companies and high-growth start-ups in the US and Europe. We're a close-knit team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers and designers, working together remotely and growing!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Align with the Business Operations Manager and C-level on key company financial & operational priorities & goals
- Participate in our annual & quarterly financial planning
- Assemble, consolidate and summarize data into financial reports
- Execute the monthly client invoicing and team payroll processes. Reconcile transactions, identifying and correcting errors
- Plan, control and optimize our expenditure. Identify trends and recommend actions to management
- Liaise with our accounting & banking partners to maintain the smooth running of our business
- Support costing for new work.
- Conduct business cases on past, present and future vendors, initiatives & projects
- Recommend process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function
You will report to the COO/Business Operations Manager, in a function that includes Business Operations, Talent Acquisition (Recruitment) and our People Transformation function.
We’re excited about candidates who are:
- Detail-oriented: comfortable analyzing processes & data, drawing insights and working on recommendations for improvement
- Dedicated operations-focussed individuals who are happy both with driving regular processes AND enjoy contributing to one-off projects and change programmes
- Strong collaborators and communicators, both in verbal and written communication.
- Team players, who enjoy finding solutions alongside a small management team, supported by a team of world-class product managers and software engineers
- Able to demonstrate a financial background and track record of financial management
- Fast learners who can adapt quickly to new financial systems and approaches
This is the right position for you if want:
- To work in a fully-remote, diverse, global team of professionals
- To drive a range of finance operations processes in a highly collaborative & supportive management team
- To pursue career growth options within a Company Operations function
- Competitive salary paid in USD
- Annual Performance & Salary Reviews, with proactive career management
- Funded face-to-face meet ups in Barcelona, as well as South America and Asia
- Flexible working hours for efficient teaming in a 100% remote environment (proudly remote-first for 9 years!)
- Educational expenses support
- Generous Employee Referral Plan
- Team Fitness and Charity Initiatives
- We offer employee or long-term independent contractor agreements, depending on location
In addition to the above benefits, we foster an inclusive working environment that provides:
- Great company environment - check out Glassdoor
- Personalized onboardings
- Opportunity to contribute to company-level initiatives
- Cross-company knowledge groups - improve your expertise, share your learnings and work with different technologies and tools
- Regular brown bag learning sessions
- An emphasis on Work-life balance
The ‘check the box’ Requirements
- 3 years of experience in a Financial role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably Spanish
- Excellent spreadsheet skills (GSheet), comfort with databases and task-management tools
- Strong math skills with an ability to spot logical errors
- Experience working within a US or European-based company
- Availability to work full-time (approximately 10am-6pm Central European Time) within a fast-moving Operations function overlapping.
- Live outside of the US. Please, no recruitment agencies