Remote Front End Software Engineer
BAO Systems (Remote) 🇺🇦
BAO Systems is looking for an experienced Front-End Software Engineer to support our Data Collection and Analytics Platform teams tailoring solutions for a high-profile $7 billion per year, multi-agency, multi-team program to work on large US Government international public health projects. Our Data Collection team enhances and maintains our large-scale implementation of DHIS2 with custom dashboards and React apps. The Analytics Platform is an advanced data storage and processing platform built entirely on AWS, providing the foundation for the program’s business intelligence, data processing, and data extraction tools.
The ideal candidate understands the full software development lifecycle and approaches software development with a focus on reusability and future-proofing. The role involves developing software and solutions using ReactJS, Python and SQL on AWS architecture to support a data collection and reporting system used in sixty-three countries. This role can be based in the DC area or remote, with the ability to obtain a US Government Public Trust background check.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
6+ years of hands-on programming experience
4+ years of experience with React, Angular, or another modern front-end framework
Experience with scripting and object oriented programming in Python 3, as well as experience with SQL, git, APIs, and AWS.
Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies.
US Government Experience or International Public Health Background
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and update software according to client specifications
- Work with QA, software, and systems engineering teams to develop robust and scalable solutions
- Design, code and test functional components of information systems according to project specifications
- Assist in developing project documentation and user training materials according to program specifications
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Enthusiasm for trying new things
- Flexibility and comfort with multi-tasking
- Passion for technology and best practices
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Experience working remotely with dispersed teams
Must be able to obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust Clearance (MRPT)
Why BAO Systems?
Make a positive impact on global public health while working in a fun, collaborative and flexible environment. We’re a nimble, close-knit group that values our team members’ opinions and contribution, allowing for everyone to make an impact on the work and company culture.
BAO Systems is the largest US-based DHIS 2 consulting and hosting firm in North America. We’re changing how Governments, NGOs and international agencies collect, analyze and report their data and improve health outcomes in the developing world.
We’re truly a multinational company. Our HQ is in Washington, D.C., with staff in the UK, Norway, Portugal and Nigeria.
Must be able to work in US, UK, Portugal, Belgium, Norway, Germany or Nigeria without any sponsorship.
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- 401k with match
- Excellent health and dental coverage for team members and their families
- Short and Long-Term disability insurance (fully covered)
- Life Insurance (fully covered)
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Remote-friendly: work from home or from our Washington, D.C. office, which offers snacks, drinks, and an on-site gym
- Flexible work schedules—work how you can be most productive