Column is looking to hire a Growth Marketing Manager to discover and create new lead generation channels that meaningfully contribute to our top of the funnel pipeline. The Growth Marketing Manager will define, test, and iterate on a mixture of inbound, outbound, partnerships and account-based strategies in order to increase lead engagement and target account creation.
The role will initially report directly to our COO, Josh Hone, and eventually report to our Head of Growth Marketing. You’ll love this role if you have a growth hacker mentality with the goal of making a big impact on a mission-oriented company transitioning from its early to growth stage.
What You'll Do
- First Week: You will learn about Column's mission and vision, seek to understand our existing product, channel, and field marketing initiatives, and begin meeting folks on the team. We're a small company that's growing quickly, so interpersonal rapport is essential.
- First Month: You will conduct research and a listening tour to understand what is and is not working with our current lead generation channels and historical tests. You will work with the Revenue Operations team to determine a HubSpot structure for tracking marketing generated leads (MQLs) and updating the MQL acceptance process. You will reverse derive pipeline targets by source from our top-line revenue goals and propose MQL targets per quarter.
- First Six Months: You will ideate, test, and iterate on at least six (6) different potential lead generation channels across inbound, outbound, partnerships and account-based marketing. You will create at least two (2) new lead generation channels that generate predictable top of the funnel pipeline
- First Year: You will work with the Revenue Operations and Growth & Partnerships leaders in order to determine a HubSpot structure and build out dashboards that demonstrate marketing’s contribution to top of the funnel growth metrics. You will meet or exceed marketing qualified lead (MQL) generation and target account creation goals. You will be an impactful early marketing hire at a rapidly growing tech start-up that believes we have the potential to be a once-in-a-generation company.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You have progressive experience in demand generation, growth marketing, customer marketing or digital marketing or lifecycle marketing (e.g., Demand Generation Analyst to Demand Generation Manager)
- You have worked on a team with at least one other demand generation or growth marketing professional as a manager, peer or direct report to understand what this function looks like at a slightly larger scale (n+1)
- You can describe a previous growth implementation or improvement that you suggested, owned and can demonstrate the impact of on lead generation goals
- You are able to reverse derive MQL goals broken down by quarter based on top-line revenue targets, conversion rates, and other critical sales performance details
- You are both creative with a willingness to try out ideas that have never been done before (e.g., AirBnB offering free professional photography services to new hosts) and data-driven with a results oriented mindset
- You have a strong desire to exemplify our operating principles — be worthy of trust, do the hard work, never stop learning, intentionally build community, and tell a better story.
Compensation and Benefits
Column is built on the belief that important information should be accessible to the public. As such, we work hard to model this behavior for potential Columnists by including our base compensation in all job descriptions and making our full benefits accessible online.
- Base salary of $102,000, $120,000 or $150,000 per year commensurate with experience, plus stock options and a 401k plan with a 5% match
- Healthcare, vision, & dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Unlimited (and encouraged) paid time off, and 16-weeks paid parental leave
- Multiple stipends for you to invest in a home office setup and pursue wellness activities that make you feel healthy and whole
Column is the first collaborative public notice platform helping publishers, governments, and legal services work together to inform their communities. We are a remote-first public benefit corporation with an in-person headquarters in Miami, FL.
To us, people are everything. Our current Columnists are wildly talented people from around the globe. We support and challenge each other. We address real problems that people face in their communities. We believe that we have the potential to be a generational company that will change the world as we know it. Will you join us?