(GMT-7 (PT) to GMT+2 (CEST), fully remote, dev-tools)
It's an exciting time to join our team! We're a fully remote startup on a mission to build the #1 reliability automation platform for developers. We make End-to-End automation delightful, fast, and code-driven. A workflow with a world-class developer experience!
Thousands of developers are using Checkly today, we are approaching the milestone of 4 billion check runs and raised our $10M USD Series A led by CRV and Accel! We are on a bottoms-up/product-led growth (PLG) path and want to continue growing at speed and scale.
What you’ll do
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-directed B2B Technical Content Marketing Strategist to build a series of marketing content programs designed to educate and with that increase engagement with Checkly users and customers. As the Content Strategist, you should be an expert writer, SEO expert, have extensive experience in B2B tech, and a fantastic story teller. You will be responsible for driving content strategy from organic search through onboarding, conversion and purchase and should feel comfortable espousing the benefits of Checkly’s monitoring, testing, automation and Playwright leadership. As the Content Strategist, you will bring the voices of our users into our narratives and assets and will also help to build a user generated content process and portal to engage with existing and future Checkly users. In this role you will help teams write effective varying types of content and compelling stories that become key assets in Checkly’s customer journey. You will plan for assets and SEO and write input and asset briefs to ensure a clear and consistent creative vision. Creating original content, auditing existing content, and measuring content performance in alignment with our overarching goals will all also be part of your role.
- Work cross-functionally to develop messaging, content plans, and content that drives increased awareness and adoption of the Checkly platform
- Lead agency, consultants and developers to develop new ideas, collaborating on content and briefs, sharing best practices, reviewing the content calendar and editing content
- Develop content strategy through editorial calendar plan
- Review and approve of all content before it goes live
- Develop unique, engaging, solution-oriented content while maintaining brand and product standards, voice, and style
- Identify and execute against a content marketing strategy for key personas across the buyer’s journey, including content such as: blogs, landing pages, white papers/reports, presentations, webinars, and educational guides
- Build strong relationships with the global marketing team to ensure activities are aligned with content strategies and objectives
- Identify and partner with 3rd party research firms, associations, publications, and analysts to develop content that drives our business objectives and goals
- Equip the sales team with messaging and enablement assets to effectively engage customers and address their needs
- Recommend best practices and proactively recognize opportunities to reuse, repackage, and optimize content to maximize return on content investments
- Test and refine new marketing approaches, channels, and content types to engage key audiences and improve campaign performance
What you should have
- Knowledge of content testing and measurement best practices to analyze content effectiveness and optimize strategy
- Experience developing optimization strategies that increase the company's search engine results rankings
- The skills to research SEO keywords to use throughout the company's website and marketing materials
- Experience with creating, curating, and adapting content to support marketing campaign efforts
- Excellent attention to detail and flawless execution
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to prioritize projects
- Unafraid to experiment and try new things – driven to constantly improve results
- Experience working with digital creative and content production teams and agencies
What we offer
- Become part of a fast-growing, international, and remote team, and be one of our first Marketing team members!
- Fair and competitive salary (see below)
- Stock options
- Fully remote
- Flexible work hours and we support families: you can pick up your kids without worrying about work
- 27 days of paid vacation + your local public holidays
- Paid sick leave & parental leave
- Modern laptop and equipment
- $1,000 learning & visiting budget
- Co-working budget
- Bi-annual company retreats
- Employment & Contractor options
And more here!
What we pay
Fair, competitive, and transparent pay is very important for us. Therefore we work with a standardized salary calculator that includes several factors such as seniority level as well as location.
For this "Head of" role, we're looking at a range of
- €81k - €90k base (80%) + bonus (20%) for someone located in a similar cost of market as Germany.
- $121k - $135k base (80%) + bonus (20%) for someone located in a similar cost of market as Seattle.
If you live in a lower or higher cost of market range, that also moves the pay range.
If this sounds interesting, please apply! Studies by several different sources have shown that on average men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. Women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of requirements before applying. If you're not sure you're the right fit, apply anyway and let us know what you bring to the table. We'd love to hear from you!
If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc) because of a disability, chronic illness or neurodiversity, we want to provide those. If you're comfortable disclosing this, please let us know in your cover letter.
We're all about being transparent and setting clear expectations. That's why we've put together our hiring playbook. There you'll find a sneak peek of who we are and what you can expect in our hiring process.