We are looking for a Head of Engineering to lead the evolution of our product, technology strategy, and build a team of software engineers. You should be highly motivated and an inquisitive Senior Full-stack Engineer. You will work closely with the Cofounders and be part of the leadership team to develop the company's technology platform. You should have a desire to wear multiple hats and thrive in a startup environment. We are looking for someone to help us passionately change the status quo with patient payments, making it easier for everyone to get the healthcare they deserve. You will be more than a developer; you will be an innovator.
● Hiring and retaining our first-rate engineering team, developing team structure and execution strategies while managing the overall software development lifecycle
● Manage and execute project plans and delivery commitments
● Work closely with third-party engineers to develop the best technical architecture and approach
● Continue to innovate and overcome technology limitations to deliver a delightful customer experience
● Expanding our platform capability with AL/ML technologies
● Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to stakeholders and your peers in the executive leadership team
Who You Are
● 5+ years of experience building and managing development teams that design and deliver highly reliable & scalable distributed systems
● Experience in designing software architectures for scalability, reliability, and performance
● Experience with developing automated internal frameworks, increasing developer and release velocity, improved code health, and building developer tools
● Solid software development background, including design patterns, data structures, and test-driven development
● Experience with machine learning or AI development is a plus but not required
● Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
Why you should join our team
We are helping patients pay for healthcare in a smarter way. Together with the right person, we want to reduce the stress and burden of high medical bills and medical debt. You should join our team if you’re interested in building a solution that helps real people get the care that they need at a price they can afford. We need the right technology partner that is interested in building a team and taking our platform to the next level. For this person, we will provide a generous conference budget and time off to go invest in yourself. Flexible results-focused working hours, so you can work when you do your best. Competitive pay. A technology stipend to make sure you have the best battlestation to build on. Meaningful equity. Time for yourself with our people-first PTO policy. If you’re looking to change healthcare for the better, we are the place for you.