About the role
Hi there! Imagine the opportunity for a career that helps improve the lives of those in need. Aventiv is hiring a Lead Software Developer to join the team. You can work from anywhere with this fully remote position!
The Lead Software Developer will drive all facets of the development, maintenance, and support of enterprise systems and applications, with emphasis on analysis of business requirements and written communication of technical design. They will hold leadership responsibility in planning and delivery of development projects and mentoring less experienced team members. Join a team that is collaborative, passionate, and driven to make the world a little better every day.
The Lead Software Developer will:
- Lead as a technical expert on development projects across the full development life cycle (Through analyzing business requirements and estimate level of effort, writing code and technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements, performing Unit and Integration testing, leading design and code review meetings writing release notes for QU and End Users, automating deployment of software and systems with CI/CD tools, troubleshooting and resolving production issues, and analyzing code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed).
- Define and manage the system, technical, application architectures, and standards for major areas of development. Ensure compliance with enterprise standards and best practice
- Update job knowledge by studying development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations
- Collaborate with Product Management, R&D, UX, and Architecture to address important customer issues and find innovative solutions to difficult problems
- Lead the planning and execution of complex, cross functional projects to ensure their successful and on-time completion, communicating impacts of changes in scope and schedule
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Own the full-stack solution as the subject matter expert in collaboration with Production Support & Capacity Management. Ensure learning and tech debt is incorporated and managed. May involve after-hours break/fix call-out
- Identify and communicate the impacts of business initiatives and objectives on the infrastructure and architecture.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Subject matter expert knowledge on programming languages, software development practices, data structures, algorithms, and formal test techniques as well as developing n-tier, scalable applications using web-service
- A self-starter personality with excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and communications skills (especially in areas of written technical design, meeting facilitation, and persuasive presentations)
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, work with a diverse and remote team, and select, learn, and teach new technologies
- Project ownership skills and the ability to work on highly complex issues with minimal supervision and high degree of independent judgement
- Capacity to apply the code styles, structures, and organizations that facilitate reuse, understanding, and testability
- Ability to discuss tradeoffs in design choices and how they affect the properties and behavior of the system as a whole
Minimum Role Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 8+ years of development experience
Salary and Benefits:
At Aventiv, our salary and benefits are designed to fit you as a whole person. We offer a salary range based on experience and qualifications to ensure your unique contributions are met with our most competitive offer.
Salary Range: $ $122,980.78 - $162,381.96 /year
Benefits include: Health Insurance, 401(k), Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, & Voluntary Benefits
To apply, click "Apply for this position" and you will be prompted to email your resume to Darren.job-OKheK9JaKF8@gainful.io.