Remote Linux Sys Admin Manager Needed
RapidSeedbox Ltd (Remote) 🇺🇦
A video from RapidSeedbox CEO and Co-Founder
Our core values
→ Excellence in everything we do (“I go above and beyond!”) - We believe in being excellent and showing it with our actions and mindset in absolutely everything we do day to day.
→ Ownership and responsibility (“I own it”) - We believe in taking full ownership and full responsibility for everything we do. That means taking full ownership of every small task and taking responsibility for deliverables and outcomes.
→ Push the limits (“I don't take No as an answer”) - We love pushing the limits and we do not take no as an answer. WE push their limits so that we can grow professionally.
→ Cooperate and Serve (“Everyone matters”) - We believe in team cooperation and serving both our external customers and serving all of our internal team.
Our company is looking to grow in the Seedbox/IP space and we are looking for growth-oriented people who want to join our growth journey. If this sounds like the team for you, read on!
About the role
Right now, RapidSeedbox is looking for a Linux System Admin Manager to join us and oversee other Linux Support Analysts and Linux System Administrators. The department is growing, therefore, needs proper management and overseeing and evaluating the output to ensure the smooth running of the system. This is an exciting and dynamic role that will make a huge and meaningful difference to our business.
The key three focuses of your role will be:
🔵The proper evaluation of the Linux System Administrators in the company
🔵Accountability of the whole System Operations/Support department in the company
🔵Optimisation of all individual- and department-level KPIs
More specifically, in this role, you will:
- Be accountable for the reliability and development of computer systems
- Monitor the security of computer systems
- Hire and lead an IT team
- Delegate tasks and conduct performance reviews
- Coordinate and delegate work to team members
- Teach the team to use new programs and instil new processes
- Create and lead computer system projects
- Run performance checks on current systems
- Create SOPs and produce reports
- Establish IT policies and procedures to ensure the efficient use of software
- Report to the COO and manage the team of 7 Linux System Admins
As you join the company, you will have the time to adjust and learn more about the company, its product, its systems, and the people you oversee. However, the team counts on your expert knowledge which includes your technical and managerial aptitudes, which you must own 100% from day 1. The training you will receive will not be on the actual tasks of your role, but rather on the people, processes and product so that you can quickly hit the ground running and bring your expertise to the table.
To excel in this role, you need to have:
Technical skills, or more specifically:
- 3+ years of experience in system administration or network administration (applied knowledge)
- Working knowledge of virtualisation and containerisation (KVM, OpenVZ, Docker, Proxmox, Virtuozzo)
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems and networking software, hardware and networking protocol
- Experience with scripting, automation, and monitoring tools (Bash scripting, Python, Ansible, Cacti, Nagios)
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategies and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
Leadership and communication skills, or more specifically:
3+ years of experience acting as a team manager
Proficient communication skills (written communication, voice communication, and excellent asynchronous communication skills)
- Ability to teach and coach co-workers new skills, including explanations of technical concepts and a lot of soft/psychological skills to elevate the team to the next level
- Active listening skills and the ability to gather information
- Ability to efficiently delegate tasks to others when needed & the ability to break down projects and tasks in Asana with clear due dates and assignments
- Ability to empathise with the team and show an understanding of their tasks and responsibilities, as well as wellbeing
- Ability to hold a team accountable for the KPIs and deliverables of the department
Soft skills, or more specifically:
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems & identify new ideas for the company
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise and execute; you know how to manage to complete tasks by the due date and you deal well with time constraints
- Proactive learning skills and genuine curiosity about new technologies and solutions
- Project management skills and the ability to coordinate the work of people who report directly to you to complete tasks
- Research skills and the ability to observe new technologies that are on the rise in the industry and apply them to your work to keep up with the changing trends
- Results-driven mindset and an obsession with creating tangible results for a company creatively, innovatively, and reliably
- Service-centric mindset and the ability to think and act to serve your team and your company's customers
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly salary of $3000 - $4500*
- Fully remote and full-time role
- Fully flexible working schedule; you can be online at any time during the day as long as you clock 40 hours per work week and deliver results. The company measures only performance and results
- With outstanding performance, there are regular salary increase opportunities if you can deliver outstanding results. Salary increases have to be connected to performance only
- Professional growth opportunities to a more senior role
*Please note that this is a gross salary and that you are responsible for any tax-related procedures in your country of residence. We kindly ask you to apply only if you are happy to work remotely as an independent contractor.
How to apply
This position will be closed as soon as we find the perfect match. So, make sure to read the description carefully, apply promptly, and take your time to submit a high-quality application that stands out.
Please expect the hiring process to include:
1 - Filling in the application form once you click “Apply”
2 - Being invited to record a short video to introduce yourself
3 - Completing test tasks if short-listed
4 - Attending video interviews where you will have the opportunity to talk more about your previous experience and the new role