An exciting opportunity to join Kyero as a Frontend Developer playing a key role in Kyero’s ambitious growth plans
Title: Midweight Frontend Developer
Terms: Full Time / Flexible working
Location: Fully Remote (time zones UTC-1 to UTC+2)
Rate: €33,000 - €48,000 per year
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic front-end developer with a keen focus on quality and performance to help us improve a class-leading website where the customer experience is paramount.
You will join a group of experienced developers at Kyero.com who are constantly pushing themselves to greater heights and redefining what is possible from a small team of passionate individuals.
They share some lofty business goals that will be achieved through well-defined processes and automation but most significantly, through creativity and remarkable performances from a highly collaborative team.
This is a fully remote role where you’ll totally enjoy the virtual yet close communication & connection you’ll have with not just the development team, but also marketing and sales.
We believe that happiness and productivity form a virtuous feedback loop that can be optimised for the benefit of all. We do this continuously and enthusiastically!
Read on for our story & what we’re hoping you can bring. If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!
Kyero helps people from all over the world to find their sunshine. We make it easier for international property buyers to achieve their dreams.
Many of us have moved countries so we know the joy of finding the place you want to call home. We also know the highs and lows involved in making that happen. Our founders, Louise and Martin, started Kyero based on the lessons they learned when they bought land in their favourite part of Spain. They harnessed what they learnt to create a company dedicated to helping people move from dreaming about sunshine to living in it.
We are an international team of 40 fully remote people located across 7 countries, combining Marketing, Sales, Customer Services, Design, Development, Data, Finance and Admin. All of us are truly passionate about the vision and purpose of Kyero.
This has been a defining time for Kyero, evolving our proposition to test new commercial models, improve the user experience and explore new ways of working and we feel stronger than ever.
We are using business as a force for good. In 2018 we became a business with negative carbon emissions. And given our commitment to helping people find a place they can call home, we allocate 1% of our annual revenue to Spanish homeless charity Hogar Si Foundation RAIS. We are proud to have recently become B Corp certified and are looking to become Employee Owned in the years ahead.
And we’re only just getting started… with a clear vision, strong leadership and expertise across the team, we’re more ambitious than ever and have the perfect recipe for continued growth!
We help people find their sunshine. For some, that’s a home in the sun. For others it’s a place where they feel at home, where they belong. For our team, it’s the chance to find sunshine in their work, their home and their life.
These are the values we live by:
- Know our customers, no assumptions.
- You can with Kyero.
- Explore what’s possible, never settle.
- Real Deal, what you see is what you get.
- One team, together we go further.
What You Will Bring...
- You are passionate about Frontend Development and ideally have some Fullstack experience building websites.
- You’re very comfortable with CSS and understand semantic HTML.
- Writing in ES6 is a must and even better if you have experience with TypeScript.
- You have experience with frontend frameworks (especially with NodeJS and Remix).
- You understand the request/response lifecycle.
- You’re willing to learn and you’re up to date with the frontend developments and technologies.
- You are test driven, and you know that pairing and code reviews are about ensuring everything works properly and is a way to ensure quality and shared knowledge.
- You are comfortable and productive working 100% remotely.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Initially you will be working closely with our senior frontend developer to understand our codebase and gain experience.
- You will be responsible for HTML/CSS updates and introducing new front-end features.
- You will be involved in writing new applications in Remix.
- You will be writing code in Typescript code and on a path to becoming a better developer.
- You will be updating and maintaining our main Kyero.com website, applying style changes in Tailwind CSS while becoming familiar with our extended codebase.
* Kyero.com is a Ruby on Rails application using a fairly standard technology stack, including PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ and ElasticSearch. We use Docker to run everything and work with some secondary content management systems, utilising Strapi and Laravel.
- You live in Europe in a time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You're a team player, you know when to ask for help and to give help, you listen to others and are respectful to colleagues.
- 2+ years of commercial frontend development experience
- GIT proficiency
- HTML5 semantic
- SCSS and CSS experience (methodologies, writing clean CSS)
- Understanding DOM and its API
- Passion to grow as a developer
- You are fluent in English (we need to have a common language) and you’re a good communicator.
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Autonomy and flexible remote working
- 38 days pro-rata holiday including bank holidays
- Healthcare and lifestyle benefits
- Personal coaching through More Happi
- International team meet ups
- The potential to make a difference and play a key role in our growth story
This offer reflects UK employment & terms will vary for international contractors.
Does this sound like a good fit for you? We’d love to hear from you! Please get in touch and let us know why this could be the right opportunity for you.
Send your application to job-pqyduXWx42Q@gainful.io and include "Frontend Developer" in the title.
Please also include:
- Your CV
- A few words explaining why you think you'd be a good fit for Kyero
Direct applicants only please - we won’t respond to agencies.