Remote Mobile Product Designer
Matter Neuroscience (Remote) 🇺🇦
You’ll be working with Chief Designer Jon Tan and a small team of designers. We try to balance the freedom to explore ideas, focused design time, and creative support.
Our first product is in the early stages of design and development, so you’ll play a critical role in helping to shape it. Here are some of the other things you’ll be up to along the way:
- Apply human-centered design principles to craft durable, inclusive, and engaging user experiences
- Produce prototypes, low- and hi-fidelity sketches, comps, and interfaces
- Support the creation of a design system, and apply it across multiple platforms
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, engineers, and writers in a relaxed team structure
Ideally, you’re an experienced mobile product designer — used to taking a product from inception to launch — who recognizes the value in having the autonomy and time to do great work.
College degrees, certifications, and prestigious accolades are not required. General life experience, expertise in your area, curiosity, and generosity with skills and knowledge are more important.
We’d love to hear about your experience:
- Designing native mobile apps, in particular for iOS, from scratch
- Communicating the thinking behind interfaces and experiences you’ve designed
- Using sound, haptics, and animation to further user experience goals
- Effectively applying iconography, typography, and color theory
Doing meaningful work shouldn’t come at the expense of building a meaningful life. At Matter, this means:
- Four-day work week: Monday through Thursday
- 20 vacation days of your choice, plus the last week in December off
- Remote-first work environment: work out of our Boulder, CO office, or wherever else
- Flexible hours, so long as you can accommodate meetings during ET working hours
- 100% of premium healthcare coverage for you and your dependents
Even though we’re all pretty experienced, we all learn something new almost every day. It may be about neuroscience, design, or technology. Or it may be about something else entirely. We’ll be excited to learn from you, too.
If you’re interested in this role, send the following to job-EBVk0g7vo@gainful.io:
- A paragraph or two about your experience and why you’re interested in this role
- Link(s) to an app or two that you’ve worked on, with a couple sentences about your contributions
- A link to your portfolio or other representation of your work
- Anything else you’d like us to know about you or your work
Looking forward to hearing from you!