Platform Software Engineer - EMEA - Remote
Hey! We're amazee.io, a ZeroOps application delivery hub for engineering teams to deploy applications more easily. Our developer-centric, open source platform makes developers’ lives and jobs easier, minimizing the stress of managing infrastructure or operations. amazee.io supports organizations across the globe to accelerate their cloud and container adoption, along with providing easily managed Kubernetes for developer teams. We run anywhere in the world, with 24/7/365 dedicated support.
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our remote team. As a Software Engineer with amazee.io you'll be working on our Hosting Platform, improving and building upon its functionality and supporting this with integrations, further development, and building tools to make the lives of our Platform Engineers easier. You'll work alongside a team of DevOps Engineers to ensure we have the tools and efficiency to provide a seamless service and stack to our clients.
If you're a person with a collaborative mindset and enjoy solving problems, this could be your role! This role would be a great fit for someone looking for cutting edge opportunities, with space to learn, and the freedom to make mistakes and develop professionally. Come and join a team of open source enthusiasts committed to providing flexible hosting solutions in an open, transparent work environment, and having fun doing it.
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting the development and continuous improvement of our hosting platform, and associated tools and automations
- Code reviews and rewrites
- Scripting (mainly for automation)
- Building and releasing APIs, gradually adding services and capabilities
- Working on controllers and tools around constantly evolving Kubernetes clusters
- Using common industry techniques and design patterns for developing and specifying APIs, enabling ecosystems to grow around them
- Working with the engineering team to develop complementary client libraries
What you'll bring:
- A friendly and collaborative nature
- Some experience building software and automations
- Experience developing with Golang
- You write testable code and help to make sure implemented changes don't break existing functionality.
- Comfort communicating and documenting in English
- Communicating via gifs and emojis
- Knowledge of Docker/Containers, Kubernetes, Microservices and Cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge on Cloud Infrastructure eg AWS
- Location is not important. This is a remote position, although we require an EMEA time zone for your working hours.
amazee.io is dedicated to providing a work environment of trust, transparency, and inclusion for everyone. As a fully remote company, we offer flexibility when it comes to working hours and location. Here's some other things you can expect from us.
What we'll bring:
- A fully distributed team of creative colleagues in a flat, open and transparent organization
- Flexible working hours, and time off in lieu when you work overhours
- Fully remote working
- 5 paid days off a year for conference attendance or education related commitments
- An annual education benefit of 1500 CHF or equivalent to dedicate to your professional development
- An annual wellbeing benefit of 500 CHF or equivalent to dedicate to your physical or mental health
- A monthly connectivity budget of 100 CHF or equivalent to put towards home internet costs, due to remote working
- Your own annual tech budget, with full initial setup provided
- Sweet, sweet Swag - Hoodies and other goodies
- amazee.io Quest! - After 3 years, you'll get 3 weeks paid off work to undertake a profound personal goal, or undertake a bucket list type challenge
So what's next?:
Apply! Send us your CV and cover letter showing who you are, your technical skills, and anything else you think we should know!
The amazee.io team.