Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment; however, we are looking to only hire candidates who reside in the following locations: North Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Product team is searching for their future Product Manager. The ideal candidate will value critical thinking and intellectual honesty, and have an insatiable need to continuously improve oneself to learn and navigate new and changing technologies and market opportunities.
Our Product Managers at Bonfire are “full stack” PMs. You will work closely with our engineering team, designers, and senior management to design solutions, in addition to participating in customer interactions to define needs, test out options, and get feedback for the features you release. You will ensure alignment with our Growth team: Customer Support, Marketing, and Sales.
In this role you will make decisions by being data-informed at all times and data-driven where appropriate. While using design thinking to bring our customers the best experience, it is also essential to communicate and collaborate with the Engineering team to create solutions to problems we want to solve, all while delivering high quality service to our customers and their markets.
This role lies within our Product department and reports to the Director of Product.
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the mission and values, we live together and apart: Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
include but are not limited to:
- Interview customers to understand needs. Deeply understand our customers’ workflows and jobs-to-be-done.
- Define product requirements, communicate the “why” to engineers and executives alike.
- Meet and collaborate with stakeholders to source/validate/evolve features and the roadmap.
- Own and manage the backlog and roadmap for your area of responsibility. Prioritize between new features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence.
- Interact daily with the engineering and design teams in both the design and development phases by running the agile meetings.
- Create initial low-fi wireframes and coordinate hi-fi mockups with the product design team.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and communication for upcoming/planned releases.
- Contribute to the educational content of improvements and features to ensure smooth adjustment to stakeholder processes.
- Analyze and/or work with the Business Intelligence/Marketing teams to analyze the impact of platform changes & trends to inform future iterations.
- Have 2+ years experience in product management.
- Have 2+ years working within an agile software development framework.
- Have 2+ years experience in ecommerce, saas, or a related industry.
- Have experience working with datasets to analyze/answer business questions and/or build business cases.
- Proficient in SQL and able to write basic to moderate queries.
- Experience using analytics tools to explore trends in product feature usage & measure impact.
- Experience using wireframing tools to create wireframes/prototypes/mockups for digital products.
- On-the-job engineering experience in web development or computer science degree.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Some actual coding experience is a plus, but not required.
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our full-time employee offerings:
- Competitive compensation with great insurance and savings benefits
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Tech setup right-fit for your remote work environment
- Year-round swag giveaways
- Unlimited PTO that we encourage everyone to take advantage of
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself