About the job-PRODUCT MANAGER 📱
🔑 THE KEY BITS
- Whereabouts: We are a fully remote company with distributed team members. For this role, we prioritize candidates who are based in the EST or any European time zones.
- Visas: We do not sponsor work visas or relocation expenses.
- Salary: This position is super important for us since it is brand new. Therefore, we want to take the opportunity to talk to a diverse pool of candidates who think they could be the perfect fit. With that being said we want to be transparent in sharing our budget is somewhere between $80-110k USD depending on experience and location but we are open to discussing your salary expectations during an interview.
- Interviews: Phone Screen with People & Culture Lead Nicole, Second Interview with CoFounder/CEO Michael, Third Interview (combined) with Project Manager Nicoleta & Senior Product Designer Dawson, Fourth-a project to see more into your thinking and skills, and a Final interview with Michael & Dawson
- Ideal Start Date: ASAP
- Reporting to: Michael Horton-CoFounder/CEO/Head of Product
🌍 OUR MISSION
Slate has big ambitions: We were born out of our Founders’ own experiences to solve the problems we all faced with social media. We have come together out of a passion for solving problems, building a company based on the deeply held values we share, and to make social content creation effortless for brands.
🔎 OUR VISION
Our vision is to become the undisputed leader in social media content creation, by uniting all parts of the creation workflow into a one-stop solution for brands.
🌠 YOUR CONTRIBUTION
In this rapidly evolving world, Slate is always looking for new ways to disrupt the status quo, go to market faster, and optimize customer experiences. We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead the charge on this mission working on our Product team but also working very closely with our Engineering Team. Our current Product team includes our Co-Founder/CEO Michael, Project Manager Nicoleta, and Product Designer Dawson. The ideal candidate will have big ideas and strategies that foster an environment of collaboration and creativity. This role is ideal for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset and real-world experience distilling business value and goals into roadmaps and refined product backlogs. Most importantly, you will be integral to helping us build better products that people and businesses love to use.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, prospective users, and clients to understand and anticipate their needs to help craft vision and concept development of a product
- Develop user stories for new features and or products
- Develop detailed product feature specifications and ensure they’re clearly understood by the development team
- Oversee all stages of product creation including design and development to ensure a feature/product is being implemented according to spec
- Monitor and evaluate product progress at each stage of the process
- Liaise with the product team and end-users to deliver updates
- Communicate often and effectively with stakeholders throughout the project
- Work with internal and external contacts to analyze needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals
- Work closely with the product team to create and maintain a product backlog according to business priorities and changing requirements
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work aligns with product strategy
- Lead the product-release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities
- Serve as the product ambassador internally and externally, sharing knowledge and answering questions related to the product
- Work cross-department with marketing, sales, and CS to communicate product vision and align on releases
📬 WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU MEET THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years experience in product management in digital products (web & mobile app development)
- Understanding of business value around feature/functions
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to effectively manage conflicting stakeholder needs