I’m hiring an experienced Product Manager to join our small team. Our company embraces 100% remote work and flexible hours. This is a full-time position.
Your role will be to (1) use customer research to guide the product roadmap, and (2) guide our development team through the implementation process.
I’d like to hire you if you:
- Have 3+ years in a product management role
- Are self-motivated and can solve problems independently
- Have excellent written and verbal English skills
- Live in Latin America
- Want to work from home in a long-term, full-time position
- And we get along; to see the team you’ll be joining, visit our about us page
My company is called Custody X Change. I’ve been working on the business since 2004. We sell a web application that creates child custody schedules and parenting plans. It also helps families make difficult decisions post-divorce/separation, and facilities communication between two parents who may not get along very well anymore. All of this reduces a lot of conflict and saves people a ton of money in legal fees.
We’ve already built a lot of features. We’re good about getting bugs fixed. We’ve even conducted a few usability studies. What we haven’t done very well are user interviews for product research. We haven’t gotten user feedback on design mockups. We haven’t researched beyond the simple feature requests to understand what the person really needs our product to do.
With you as the product manager, we’re going to change the whole process that we use for deciding what to build. It will be the start of a new phase of our product, one that’s solidly built on real customer needs.
We recently sent out a survey for marketing purposes, and a customer responded with a phone call request. She gave us a pretty good idea of how we could improve this one part of our product. I would normally just jump in and build that idea, and after it’s built, wait for incoming emails for any feedback about it.
But with you as the product manager, we won’t have to simply jump in and build things. You’ll first seek to understand the real problems our customers need solving. Then you’ll translate those problems into product mockups, and verify the ideas with users. After helping the development team implement the ideas, you’ll finally verify with our customers that the improvements are actually helpful.
That’s why I’m excited to hand off this role to you. I’ve been doing the product management for a long time now, and I’ve enjoyed it. I’ve taken it as far as I can though. Because although I know the value of good customer research, it’s just not something I personally like to do.
So, if you want to improve a genuinely helpful product, and join a small, distributed team, then we should talk.
To apply, email me at job-gXEfTQ_A5EM@gainful.io, and:
- Include your resume in PDF format
- Somehow use the word “banana” in the subject of your email
- Answer the following 4 questions in your email, in this order:
- Where do you live?
- How have you used customer research to improve a product? (Give a specific example; 100-200 words)
- Why have you been working in product management? (50-100 words)
- What salary would you be happy making, for this long-term, full-time, remote position?
P.S. I want you to be happy working for me. For the most part, you can set your own hours. You’ll be evaluated on results, nothing else.