Job Function: Senior AWS Engineer
Employee type: Contract
Seniority Level: 5 years +
Company: Skill Deploy
Skill Deploy is searching for a talented Amazon Web Services engineer who can take ownership of our development process while helping us maintain a culture of excellence. Ideally, you've been there, done that before.
You'll be joining our client's first-rate team as a key-player, providing leadership and oversight .
You're a good fit for this role if you:
- Are AWS certified
- You're able to work with a team in the EST time zone
- Have experience managing infrastructure with Terraform
- Are able to manage scaling with Kubernetes
- You're motivated and accountable
- You communicate at a high level while staying in constant contact with your team and project managers.
About the Role:
- We are forming a team of A-players to reconstruct and enhance the cloud infrastructure of a large corporation in the financial industry
- Beginning work at phase 1 with subsequent phases to follow
- Top-pay remote contract position
- You'll partner with our client and other members of the AWS team to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient solutions
- Provide oversight and leadership as you apply your skills towards solidifying platform security, addressing IAM, and networking.
- Build new features and improve existing features to meet customer needs along our product roadmap.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Responsible and communicative!
- 5+ years of experience as a certified AWS engineer
- Excellent understanding of cloud optimization, security assessments, and cloud management.
- Ability to work in a remote team environment. Self-driven, organized and motivated to deliver results.
- Strong attention to detail while understanding and implementing strategies that follow industry best practices.
- You understand and can help to implement a Zero Trust approach to networking
- You can put together a plan for development, security, and optimization
- You understand the "lift and shift" approach for migrating applications to the cloud
- Contract position. Contract - to -hire is a possibility
- Flexible work schedule
Company - Software - 10 - 20 employees
Find work faster! Skill Deploy is where future-focused teams locate, hire and scale tech talent in real time. We custom-match top tech talent with companies ready to hire.