Remote Senior Backend Engineer
Ren Systems (Remote) 🇺🇦
Who we are
ren ( 仁 ): The Confucian virtue denoting the quality of being altruistic
Ren is on a mission to help people strengthen and leverage relationships to achieve their goals and create more value. We're an early-stage startup with hubs in New York and Zurich. We raised a $5m Seed round from an incredible group of founders, leaders, and investors.
Using cutting-edge Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning technology, Ren helps leaders, deal-makers, and chiefs of staff stay on top of important moments in their networks, and makes it fast, easy, and personal to reach out with the right context.
About the Role
As a full-stack/backend/SRE engineer with a user-centric focus, you will be reporting directly to the CTO and working in a small team of machine learning experts, designers, full-stack frontend, backend, and iOS developers. You'll be responsible for various parts of the product, with a focus on the backend and infrastructure.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
What You Bring
- You’re an excellent communicator (English written and spoken) and an independent builder that thrives in fast-growing distributed work settings.
- You’ve built, managed, and scaled backends from scratch to production deployments.
- You are familiar with or willing to learn our stack: Python/Fastapi, Terraform, Ansible, Linux, Docker, Postgres, Celery, Gitlab, Jenkins, ElasticSearch.
- Your core focus is backend, but you have full-stack experience, from DevOps to UI.
- Bonus: Experience with CI/CD tools
- Bonus: Experience with AWS
- Bonus: Experience with web development (TS/next.js, React)
- Bonus: Experience with iOS development (ReactNative, Swift)
- Bonus: Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Bonus: You have contributed to open source projects.
What we offer
- Our values guide how we work together and treat each other. Read about our Vision, Mission, and Values and tell us about your favorite value in your application.
- We’re a distributed team with hubs in New York and Zurich. We regularly meet in our hubs and some of the coolest places in the world.
- We help you set up your home office and offer co-working memberships in your area. We value freedom and flexibility to work from wherever we want and set our own schedule.
- We care about your health & wellness and offer generous vacation policy and additional perks to make your work & life at Ren exceptional.