Who Are We
We are Virtual Internships, an EdTech startup on a mission to bridge the gap between education and the workplace by making internships accessible to all.
Over the last four years, we’ve established partnerships with 12,000+ companies and 100+ universities, and supported thousands of students and graduates in becoming more employable via our online work experience product.
We are a team of 130+ across 25+ countries, and recently secured our Series A funding from investors such as Hambro Perks, Sequoia Capital, Kaplan, Arsenal Growth, and Ascend Vietnam Ventures - who have collectively guided the likes of Google, Linkedin, WhatsApp, Canva, Udemy, and Applyboard.
Our 2022 awards include:
- Ranked 23rd out of 13,000 organizations in The Escape 100: the top purposeful organizations to ‘escape’ to in 2022
Tech in Asia’s “Top 50 Rising Startups” (No.6 in Vietnam)
- Top100 EdTechStartup Selected by HolonIQ
- Finalist for Go:Tech Awards
What You Will do
Joining us at this early stage as our Senior Copywriter within the Growth Marketing team, you will engage our audiences through compelling copy. We’re looking for an expert storyteller who loves the written word and gets deep inside their audience’s mind to create informed, engaging, thought-provoking copy across multiple channels - whitepapers, case studies, reports, email, website, publications, paid media and search, social media, blogs, video scripts, and more.
As our Senior Copywriter, you will:
- Work alongside the Content Manager and Global Head of Growth to refine our brand story for each audience, and optimize our brand voice
- Create compelling industry-relevant content addressing key data points, surveys, reports, and other trends in the global education, remote work, and internship space
- Manage, edit, and bring the Junior Copywriter’s and freelance copywriters’ work to a publish-ready state
- Work with senior leadership and partnerships team to take concepts and insights and work them up into research-driven thought leadership content
- Use knowledge of UI and SEO best practices to liaise with designers to enrich text-based content with infographics and other visual aids
- Ensure you and junior members maintain brand and editorial consistency across all company communications, from event introductions to thought leadership and everything in between
- Optimize content based on research and testing to improve conversion rates, SEO rankings, and user experience - think email subject lines, ad copy, website content, and more
- Understand how to effectively engage multiple target audiences through research, data analytics, and A/B testing
- Keep track of copywriting best practices and emerging educational trends to be proactive with our content, not just reactive
- Monitor and report on key metrics related to content performance and make decisions informed by this data
- Excellent fluency in English written and verbal communication with a keen eye for detail - (you don’t need IELTS/TOEFL iBT, but if you did it would be IELTS 8.5+/ TOEFL iBT 115+)
- Bachelor's degree in English language or a communication-related field (for those with high levels of experience and alternative education, a degree won’t always be a requirement)
- Additional copywriting qualifications or completed courses demonstrating advancement of skills
- 5+ years of proven experience in copywriting, content writing, or copyediting
- Portfolio of previous work with proven results
- Experience writing creative copy for multiple channels, including web, paid search ads, social media (including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Quora, etc), email, and PR, etc
- Track record of using conversion rate optimization principles and techniques, including running A/B tests and similar
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills (you can’t stop yourself from editing this as you’re reading it!)
- Experience in and comfortable using SEO best practices to optimize content and increase visibility
- Understanding of UX best practices and how to structure copy to drive the user’s journey
- A passion for and experience working within education, student employability, career development, or similar spaces.
- Experience managing junior team members and/or working with external freelancers
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a start/scaleup environment
- Experience working remotely as part of a global team
Consider this our wish list. We know there will be great candidates that don't meet every one of these criteria—if you're passionate about the role and have early-stage startup experience, we'd still love to hear from you.
What do we offer?
One of our core values at Virtual Internships is transparency. That’s why, we’re giving you the opportunity to ‘try before you apply’ in our “VI-P Guide” which includes our values, how we operate, how we build our packages, and how we interview.
To give you an example of some of our perks and benefits:
Flexible Working Hours- start earlier, leave earlier, take a shorter lunch or leave a bit later, it's totally up to you.
Remote First- work from anywhere, with a budget to support your remote setup
Learn from the world’s best- access to exclusive content including how-to guides and playbooks from Sequoia/500Global backed organisations
Professional Development Budget- dedicated budget towards content/platforms/courses that can contribute to your professional growth
Swag- delivered to your door
Impact- we’re still at an early-stage, so your impact is magnified. You will likely be solving something that hasn’t already been solved or you will be taking something to an entirely new level !
Meritocracy- a culture that prides itself on internal promotions and meritocracy. The majority of our managerial team have risen up (quickly), including our COO, CAO, CFO, Head of Host Companies, and Head of Intern Experience