💸 Up to 60k EUR per year, full time contractor contract
🌎 Edinburgh office or fully remote working from anywhere in Europe!
✨ Exciting products, millions of users, sold to global brands
💻 Working with the latest hardware, tech stack and tools
🏋️♀️ Access to benefits (country dependent 🌎 )
ABOUT STORM IDEAS
Founded in 2008, we are an international team that works with incredible and globally-recognised clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry.
Whether it’s developing our own products, producing engaging social content en-masse, or designing and delivering services to help our clients work more efficiently, our work is varied, exciting and at the very forefront of the latest technology and trends.
Currently, we are a growing team of 125+ people, but still looking for new colleagues who make an impact and believe in the same ideas and values as we do.
If the idea of a fast-paced, dynamic role with tonnes of opportunity for change, responsibility and innovation sounds exciting to you, then read on!
What can you expect?
- Driving projects through all phases, from inception to completion
- Creating processes and ensuring the team follows them
- Working with the team daily to brief on requirements and check on progress
- Converting client briefs into roadmaps, timelines and achievable tasks
- Proactively managing changes to project scope, whilst identifying potential risks
- Working with higher management to estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve the project goals
- Communicating with our clients daily to understand requirements, communicate project process and deliver outputs
- Helping to create statements of work that describe projects deliverables to clients
- Analysing data and making informed recommendations for internal and external reports
- Reviewing outputs to ensure they are to specification and sufficient quality
What's important to us:
- Experience in delivering web-based projects in the private sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A broad overall technical knowledge including an awareness and interest in the consumer technology sector
- An understanding of Agile project management methodologies
- An almost single-minded focus on delivery, taking projects by the scruff of the neck when needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in negotiating and writing requirement specifications
- Experience using online task management software (for example, Trello, JIRA or AirTable)
- A demonstrable track record of successful delivery of projects, preferable in software engineering or web development
What’s nice to have:
- A project management accreditation (for example, PRINCE2)
- Experience using cloud hosting platforms (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Experience communicating directly with customers
YOUR WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Modern Tech Stack
We use the latest tools, hardware and methodologies across our teams. We’re always on the look-out for new ways of working and ensure everyone is setup with enough hardware firepower to excel, Windows or Mac.
Agility & Openness for Ideas
We actively encourage the entire team to share their ideas, with that in mind we regularly adopt and implement suggestions across the company, you’re the specialist here!
Operating with the agility of a high growth start-up, alongside the support you can expect from a larger organisation means we encourage quick decision making and a responsive, adaptive culture.
We believe that great teams are built by a mixture of personality and skills, we’re an international team with more than 125 people onboard and we’re looking for people with a passion for what they do - just be yourself!
We’re a remote-first company and support 100% remote working for this role. We have flexible working hours so we start our day between 8am and 11am.
Joining us means becoming an integral part of the whole team no matter where we’re physically working, we have a number of initiatives to create a team environment regardless of geographic location.
Up to 60k EUR per year (or local currency equivalent) full-time contractor contract, depending on experience and skills.
Full time contractor contract - fully remote working from anywhere in Europe!
Firstly - a meeting with Andy. During the meeting, Andy, Client Services Director, gets to know you a bit better and tries to understand if you’d be a good fit for the role, and at the same time answers all your questions.
Secondly – if your interview goes well, you will be sent a follow-up exercise (for which you will be compensated) that aims to test your project management skills.
And that’s it!