Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Through Kiva Capital, we serve as a bridge between large scale impact first investors and underserved populations. Our digital identity platform enables borrowers who don’t have a track record with traditional financial institutions to record and verify their financial history and gain access to less costly mainstream financial markets.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.66 billion in loan capital for 4.1 million borrowers in 77 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
As a Senior iOS Engineer, you’ll be a key member of a small team during an exciting time of growth and innovation. The ideal candidate is passionate about both our organizational mission and high standards in engineering. Effective communication is among the most important tools in your toolbox. You are always looking at how things can be improved and examine problems from all angles.
This role is open to both remote candidates and candidates local to our Portland or San Francisco offices and will report to an Engineering Manager based in Portland. At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Help lead our work to design and build new mobile-first experiences and features using native libraries, making Kiva accessible to new audiences
- Partner with Product and other stakeholders to deliver elegant solutions and key customer-facing features
- Work to create impactful and sustainable solutions to complex problems by taking bold and measured risks
- Pair your technical excellence with a sense of empathy, awareness, and responsibility
- Drive technical innovation and excellence on the iOS platform
- Help lead team coordination, backlog grooming, and story definition
- Share the knowledge you gain generously with your peers to perpetuate a culture of engineering excellence
- 4+ years of experience developing user-facing features
- You have developed, shipped, and supported at least one app available on the App Store
- Experience with writing unit and integration tests, and supporting CI/CD pipeline
- Knowledge of the latest advancements in iOS, UIKit and Xcode (frameworks, tools, third-party libraries)
- Solid knowledge of Scrum and Agile practices
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration between Design, Product, Engineering, and/or Marketing teams
- Familiarity with the Apple Human Interface Guidelines and iOS Accessibility features
- Passion for learning best practices in Swift and iOS
- Experience evaluating and contributing to open source projects
- Experience with GraphQL
- Interest in and/or experience with SwiftUI
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, parental leave, professional development, 401k matching, unlimited PTO, and more.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
- Salary range for Colorado: $115-$140K
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.