WHY CONTENT MARKETING AT EVENTMOBI?
They say great marketing is all about great storytelling. Stories that make the customer envision success and ultimately take action! So, let us tell you the story of why you should come and work with us at EventMobi (Secretly, we wish you were already on our team, because you could probably write a better story… #inception.)
EventMobi is not your typical tech startup, and this is not a typical content writing job. We could start by telling you how amazing your co-workers are and how they will support you day-in and day-out. We could go on about our amazing suite of products, but instead you should explore some of our customer stories on our website. Thousands of organizations around the world are using EventMobi’s event management platform to run engaging virtual and in-person conferences to bring about real change around the world. That’s the reason we do what we do, and we can’t wait for you to join us and help spread our message about event marketing, technology, experience and engagement.
Your track record is solid with 5+ years of relevant experience as part of the marketing team in a B2B event technology environment or at an association, event, or hospitality industry publication. Ideally, you have worked at software or technology companies in other verticals and know what it takes to build impactful B2B lead-gen funnels. In this role you will have tons of support and resources but will ultimately own content strategy and execution. You will set standards and processes for the rest of the team.
You are a storyteller who loves creating B2B marketing content in all forms - blog posts, landing pages, white papers, product announcements, email campaigns, customer success stories, social posts, press releases and event presentations. You have worked as part of a marketing team within a B2B event technology environment or at an association, event, or hospitality industry publication. You know what it takes to engage customers and leads and can deliver quality content that commands attention and inspires action. You enjoy taking an active role in all aspects of content creation, from strategy development to research and planning and most of all … writing.
As the Marketing Content Writer at EventMobi, you will have a unique role in the planning and creation of a wide variety of content. You will interface with other members of the marketing team, other functional groups and many external stakeholders as well to deliver a suite of content to support the company’s marketing strategy and plan.
WHAT YOUR WORK WILL FOCUS ON
- Create a quarterly content plan that aligns with marketing’s strategic goals and global business objectives.
- Write and/or edit a wide range of content types, including but not limited to: social content, articles, blog posts, long-form content, customer success stories, web page copy, campaign emails, product announcements, brochures and presentations.
- Collaborate with all members of the marketing team on content requirements, jointly establish priorities and a work plan to meet business goals and targets.
- Interface with other functional groups and external resources to fulfill the content marketing plan.
- Develop engaging content that captures the reader’s attention, promotes the EventMobi brand and inspires them to take the desired action.
- Ensure website performance analysis, SEO strategy and other media insights are continuously reviewed and incorporated to optimize content performance & business results.
- Establish KPI’s for each new piece of content produced and track and report on performance for each asset and the impact on the company’s business.
- Manage external content partners/freelancers as required to meet business objectives.
Identify opportunities to improve our own work processes, incorporate new best-in-class content creation.
- Occasionally be able to support content creation requirements (outside of normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- 5+ years of content creation experience in a B2B event technology environment or at an association, event, or hospitality industry publication. You have done it all - including ideation, research, planning, interviewing, writing and editing to deliver the finished product.
- Expert level skill in writing B2B content.
- Significant experience in creating content in any/all forms for a variety of purposes from top of funnel brand building through to bottom of funnel landing page conversion content.
- A passion for technology and the potential for it to positively impact events of all shapes and sizes
- The ability to think outside the box and develop a creative strategy to continually improve the types and the positive impact of the content we produce.
- Top-notch organizational skills and be adept at multitasking and thorough in documentation and follow-up practices.
- Working knowledge of HubSpot would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing and Communications or equivalent.
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM EVENTMOBI?
- Competitive compensation
- Company Stock-Options
- Time Off: 3-weeks vacation + 1-week Sick Days. Your Birthday is a holiday (Seriously! Log-off and hang out home with the fam or go do something fun) + Flex-time (While You Work Your Time Zone) +
- Opportunities to meet your co-workers in person around the world
- Benefits: Dental, Health, Life, Mental Health Consultations (InkBlot) (Canada only)
- Tools: Top of the line hardware and the best software for your home office setup (Macbook Pro, 2nd Monitor, Noise-Canceling headset, etc)