Meet Instinct 👋
Instinct Science is a growing Philadelphia-based animal health company working on unique technology solutions for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals across the globe.
We’re seeking an experienced Product Manager who is looking for a new career opportunity to be the next member of our growing team.
The Instinct team is fully distributed, thus geographic location isn’t important as long as you can overlap with our regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8-5 ET).
Position Summary 😺
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager with experience helping companies expand through enhanced product capabilities. As a product manager at Instinct, you will define strategic solutions and develop actionable plans to help us create and refine the best veterinary EMR tools on the market.
Responsibilities May Include (but aren't limited to) 💪
- Gathering and analyzing customers’ needs to inform the creation of useful, easy-to-use, iterative, and elegant solutions.
- Developing and compiling shaping documents that clearly define the problem to be solved.
- Creating an outline for engineering that displays a detailed picture of how the solution should work, including what a successful outcome looks like.
- Crafting crisp, clear requirements, user stories, and specs to guide the engineering and QA collaborators who will be working in an agile environment.
- Making well-informed decisions and educated trade-offs that balance customer needs, technical feasibility, and business goals.
- Working directly with leaders across teams to define and prioritize work based on other business priorities and company goals.
- Creating focus for the engineering pods by prioritizing constantly so that teammates know they're doing the most important work.
- Developing meaningful relationships across the organization and with customers to understand needs, explain our plans and recommendations, and set reasonable delivery expectations.
- Serving as a product owner for our projects, so when people have questions, they know they can get answers promptly to ensure roadblocks are cleared to keep things moving forward.
- Working with customer-facing teams to provide necessary information to ensure new features can be launched successfully and efficiently.
- Partnering with the VP of Product in the development of our product management center of excellence.
We’re Looking for Someone With ⚡
- 5+ years of product management experience in an entrepreneurial, early stage start-up environment
- Familiarity with cloud software and SaaS business models
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- A self-starter, able to work autonomously and collaboratively, with a "roll up the sleeves" attitude
- Driven by results and outcomes (rather than output)
- A customer-first mindset
- Natural and creative problem-solver, unfazed by adversity and ambiguity and able to independently solve multiple challenging problems, in parallel
- Outstanding project management skills
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- A desire to continuously learn, grow, and improve and encourage others around you to do the same
Bonus Experience 💡
- Previous work experience in the veterinary industry
- Experience building financial and reporting software tools
- Previous remote remote work, preferably as part of a small growing team at scale
A Sneak Peek at Team Instinct 🔭
The Instinct team consists of a unique mix of veterinary and technology experts who offer years of experience developing and commercializing point-of-care software for the veterinary industry.
Instinct fosters a diverse, inclusive, transparent, and fun work environment. As a fully distributed team, we value teammates with strong communication and organizational skills. We’re building a company that reflects our care for every individual, treating each team member well by going out of our way to help one another in the short-term and pushing for growth in the long-term.
We’re guided by one thing: helping veterinary hospital teams excel. To that end, your work contributions will greatly shape the workflows, staff happiness, and patient care for some of the most advanced veterinary centers on the planet.
Salary and Benefits Highlights 🌞
- We offer a supportive, innovative, caring work environment.
- We pay our team well (flexible based on experience, targeting $80K-130K USD/yr base).
- We give our team owner-like flexibility over work and time off.
- We offer health, vision, dental insurance, and 401K.
- We offer a generous home office and professional development stipend.
- We provide all-expense-paid travel to veterinary hospitals and our retreats.
Learn More About Us 👓
https://gainful.io/jobs/M1jEMJSTuE/l/1 - Corporate website
https://gainful.io/jobs/M1jEMJSTuE/l/3 - Our blog called Pick the Brain that has articles that will help you understand a little more about how we engage and help our customers—besides writing awesome software.