We’re actively seeking a Senior Software Developer to join the Technology team at the American Marketing Association!
Are you ready to sharpen your skills, gain practical experience with modern data technologies, and write your story of delivering a high impact solution within a rapidly moving technology team? Join the AMA Technology team at the intersection of marketing, technology, and data for an unrivaled experience. You’ll benefit from mentorship and teamwork with a talented group of professionals with diverse backgrounds, experience, and skills. You’ll enjoy a dynamic and positive work environment with a commitment to collaborating with joy and gratitude.
We have major projects on the docket for you to sink your teeth into: revamping our ecommerce system, building the backbone through which all of our data flows, and automating several business processes using serverless architecture. You’ll be working collaboratively with other developers at the AMA to develop cutting edge solutions building on AWS, WordPress and much more. As a Senior Software Developer, you will be hands-on in shaping a platform that will support the growth of the AMA for years to come.
Senior Software Developer Core Job Responsibilities
- Develop new and existing integrations with the many pieces of the AMA platform
- Assist in developing new and existing systems using various AWS services (Lambda, DocumentDB, EventBridge, API Gateway, etc.)
- Maintain and administer the AWS infrastructure-as-code solution in collaboration with rest of the development team
- Triage and fix bugs as they arise
- Provide occasional support for AMA staff
What You Have
- Two years of AWS experience (preferably API Gateway, S3, EC2, Lambda, Cognito, etc.)
- Two years of HTML & CSS development experience
- Production experience with modern JS frameworks (React preferred)
- Proficient in working with git as source control
- Experience with serverless and event-driven architecture
- Ability to learn quickly with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with limited direction on tasks and priorities, keeping the project management system updated
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors
What You May Also Have
- Experience working with APIs like Salesforce, Mailchimp and others
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience writing automated tests
- Some experience with custom WordPress development
- System administration skills
- Open source contributions
- Computer science degree or equivalent
- Unix system administration experience
What You’ll Get
- A chance to work with innovative teams through a pivotal moment in the history of the AMA to transform the structure and operations of the association
- Ability to attend professional development programs offered through the AMA and other organizations
- Free American Marketing Association membership
- Tools for work-life balance, including flexible work policies and practices (e.g., Core Hours, Flex Fridays), Employee Assistance Program, Summer Hours, a generous paid holiday schedule, paid Volunteer Time Off
- Company-provided laptop and other equipment
- Comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package
The Enterprise Technology & Development Teams and the AMA
The Enterprise Technology & Development teams are a focused, dedicated, strategic group, who does whatever takes to get the job done, keep the company’s technology up and running, while having fun along the way. Key departmental goals are continuing to build out and advance the AMA’s technology stack, both front office and back office. With a vision of advancing the mission, supporting our community and utilizing cutting edge technology and best practices to accomplish these themes. The Enterprise Technology’s departmental goals are both enablers and drivers of most of the organizations strategic initiatives, by unlocking and creating technology avenues and potential for business growth, strategic initiative activation, National/Local org alignment and creating operational efficiencies, via workflows, automation and data analytics.
At the American Marketing Association (AMA), we’re striving to be the most relevant voice shaping marketing around the world. Our passion and dedication to uncovering the next best practices in marketing, paired with our core values of being curious, courageous, grateful, joyful, customer-centric and stakeholder-sensitive, are the backbone of our motivated and energetic team. Together, we serve a community of more than 250,000 people who work, teach and study in the field of marketing.