Remote Senior Software Engineer (Web)
Peanut App Ltd (Remote) 🇺🇦
Posted 6 days ago
👪 Your team and context
You'll be joining our Frontend team as our third Web engineer. This team is responsible for designing, building, testing, and operating our native and web apps. Your peers will also include three iOS and two Android engineers.
🎯 Your missions
On a day-to-day basis, your work will be a combination of:
- Deliver projects. Given high-level requirements discussed with your current squad, you're responsible for architecture, technical design and programming, through to testing, delivery and maintenance of individual features.
- Support others. Within Engineering, this means contributing to code reviews, as well as co-designing APIs or data models with others — whether or not they are in your current squad. Within the Product organisation, you may be called to assess technical feasibility and difficulty of upcoming projects.
- Continuously improve code and operations. You'll keep your eyes peeled for areas of technical debt to fix, performance or scalability issues, production bugs, and plan work to address these with the rest of the engineering team.
- Share your ideas. You'll participate in ideation workshops, as well as be expected to submit ideas for new features, be they technical or user-facing. Everyone contributes to the product because we'd never want to miss out on good ideas.
- Competitive compensation: €90-120k/year depending on experience.
- Share options.
- Work anywhere (in Europe).We care about the work done, not where you do it from. Most of us work remotely full time, and we're equally happy if you'd prefer to work from our London HQ or anywhere in Europe. You just need a suitable workspace and a good internet connection.
- Flexible schedule.Many of us are parents and/or have various personal life commitments. While we typically work around 40 hours a week, how you schedule your work hours is up to you.
- You have 5+ years of frontend engineering experience, including 3+ years with the React ecosystem. Experience with Vite, Next.JS and Node are an advantage.
- You have built elaborate front-ends that leverage local storage, lazy loading, code splitting, server side rendering.
- Web standards have few secrets for you (HTTP, HTML, CSS, JS, the DOM).
- You have strong computer science fundamentals, from data structures to algorithmic complexity.
- You have worked in an early-stage startup environment.
- You have worked remotely, with a distributed team.
- You want to build technology for good.
- You feel that our work ethic resonates with yours, and you see how they can act as guidance for your day-to-day work.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- You live in Europe (incl. EU, EEE, or UK).
- You are willing to travel 3-4 days every 2-3 months to meet the team.
While not a requirement, it'll help if you've done some backend work in the past, particularly in Ruby.