Unique (Remote) 🇺🇦
MessageBee is a modern marketing tool for public libraries that is used to send branded email, SMS, and phone communications. With MessageBee, libraries can enrich their current communications to keep patrons up-to-date with library offerings and events.
We are adding a Senior Developer who has strong front end fundamentals to our team to work on a full redesign of our web portal. Our team is very small, so we are looking for a candidate who thrives knowing they make a big impact with the work they do. You are someone who likes a challenge, but isn't afraid to ask questions.
As a Senior developer, you will be working alongside our Lead developer as we redesign MessageBee, working to create a pleasant UI/UX experience for library staff to create communications and view reports, and create a scalable communication platform that sends millions of communications per day.
- You will build an internal component library using React, Typescript, and TailwindCSS.
- You will migrate features from the current MessageBee site into the redesigned one.
- You will integrate, and extend a drag and drop email editor.
- You will write serverless microservices in Typescript on AWS Lambda.
- You will assist in mentoring the other members of our team.
- You will collaborate on architecture and design of the MessageBee system.
- 5+ years of software development experience, including 3 years of writing Typescript
- 3+ years of using a front-end framework, with at least 2 years of React experience
- You have written backend code, and are comfortable working with both Relational and Non-Relational Databases.
- You are a strong proponent of automated testing
- It is a bonus if you have AWS and Serverless experience
- Medical, dental & vision
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Professional development
- Dependent care FSA