Articulate is seeking a Strategic Account Manager to join our amazing team. The Articulate 360 Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is a consummate rainmaker responsible for developing and executing strategies for dramatically expanding seat counts in existing Articulate accounts as well as acquiring new customers.
The SAM will primarily operate in an outbound engagement role, calling on a set of defined prospects (targeted Fortune 500+ accounts) who have not “raised their hands.” Success will be achieved by having productive interactions with these prospects that lead to Articulate revenue and happy customers.
A successful SAM implementation will ensure Articulate continues to grow and achieve our revenue objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Take control of the sales process by understanding prospect pain points, challenging prospect assumptions, creating constructive tension, providing commercial teaching, and closing Articulate 360 sales
- Teach prospects about their industries and offer unique insights that cause prospects to think differently about their business.
- Conduct needs analysis with prospects and provide product demonstrations that solve the needs of the prospect
- Use insights and consultative selling techniques to teach prospects about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their business, linking back to Articulate solutions
- Develop and execute strategies to grow Articulate 360 and Rise.com seat count within large, multinational companies
- Develop and execute strategies for acquiring net-new customers among large, multinational companies
- Build relationships using remote-based communications (phone, video conferences, email)
- Communicate the value proposition of Articulate products, overcoming objections and beating out competitors
- Host customized web demos that showcase Articulate products’ benefits that solve customer problems
- Work with internal Articulate teams to define additional resources needed during the sales cycle
- Share winning sales strategies and tactics with our sales enablement manager to train other team members on rainmaker approaches
- Share objections and roadblocks to executive management that prevents success
- Create and manage an opportunity pipeline in Salesforce
- Be accountable for sales results
- Represent Articulate at e-learning association conferences to promote Articulate solutions
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
What you should have:
- 5+ years of exceptional sales success in a rainmaker role
- Challenger-based sales training and experience
- Success selling SaaS products into complex, large, enterprise accounts
- Experience and success with team selling
- Highly adept at navigating complex organizations and building relationships
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Knowledge of third-party data sources and sales tactics to identify ideal prospects within accounts
- Comfort in and proven ability in making cold-calls and managing a sales outbound sequence
- Excellent communicator who enjoys prospect interactions
- A can-do, tenacious winner who hates losing
- Very self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to negotiate nonstandard deals
- Highly competitive, while also ethical and kind
- Thoughtful, trustworthy doer
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
You’re the ideal candidate if:
- Knowledge of the e-learning industry
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Salesloft, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn SalesNavigator
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002 and led by CEO Lucy Suros, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius. And Rise—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 115,000 customers in 167 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 as well as Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work 2022, and a leader in building a human-centered organization, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here.
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
(For information about Articulate's privacy practices, please view our Privacy Notice)