Ready for a new seasonal opportunity with the #1 tax software company in Canada?
If you have experience as a tax professional, are highly motivated and have excellent communication skills, we need you to help our clients complete their taxes using Intuit TurboTax products. You will advance our goal of “Powering Prosperity Around the World” by providing expert guidance and support to our clients. You will also play an important role in our effort to enhance our brand by delighting our clients and empowering them to prepare their taxes.
TurboTax is the #1 best-selling brand of tax preparation software in Canada. Year over year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work for” and Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies” lists.
- 3+ years paid professional tax preparation experience, using professional tax preparation software
- Minimum of 150 tax returns prepared, per tax season
- Experience providing support in a call centre environment a plus
- Experience preparing and supporting a variety of federal and provincial forms for individuals, including student, pension, self-employed, rental property, investments, and foreign income
- Workingknowledge of tax laws and tax concepts, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Highly technical with a strong understanding of computers and software
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience preparing Quebec personal tax returns (TP1) considered an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French, read/write/speak) considered an asset
- Flexibility in availability/schedules
- Experience using Social Media platforms is considered an asset
- This is a virtual, seasonal and client-facing position, providing tax advice for personal tax returns
- Reviews individual tax returns to ensure they are compliant and accurate
- Help clients as they work on their tax return with tax advice and troubleshoots tax questions; communicates directly with clients, answering specific tax questions (written & verbally)
- Researches tax regulations to support advice and provides expert information on how to maximize client’s tax return
- Creates high-quality client interactions and experiences that instill confidence using deep client empathy, with your in-depth tax knowledge and expertise
- Proactively seeks out and delivers the right answer for each client; utilizing and leveraging government websites, professional resources, and team expertise and translating into everyday language for clients
- Apply defined practices, procedures and company policies to troubleshoot and resolve tax advice and preparation client inquiries
- Reviews deliverables with manager to assess understanding and accurate/compliant guidance
- Optional participation in social media activities, marketing communication materials and media interviews to provide tax tips to customers