How you will make an impact
As our Team Lead in Engineering, you will be working alongside other engineers and collaborating with product stakeholders, making sure work is planned and delivered incrementally and with quality built in. You will support and coach other engineers, actively enabling them to grow based on their particular interests.
Some of your tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with product stakeholders to prioritize and plan projects that add real value to our users.
- Work with the team on strategy and execution, delivering testable, maintainable, and high-quality solutions.
- Help engineers identify and grow in their areas of interest by coaching, mentoring, and giving timely feedback.
- Participate as part of internal Engineering Guilds, to identify architectural improvements, prioritize and act on them.
- Bring creative ideas and expertise to the table, having a real impact on our product and engineering practices.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth.
You have gone through different onboarding sessions covering our product, current architecture, and relevant services we run on production, learned about the company's origin and current vision and met colleagues from different departments as part of onboarding as well as weekly virtual social events.
You'd have started to get to know your teammates, learned how we work daily, and contributed to our codebase.
You will be familiar with most concepts related to our product and worked alongside your teammates to deliver features and improvements on production successfully.
You'll have a few 1:1s with your team members to check in on how things are going, you will have participated in some Engineering Guild sessions and collaborated with fellow engineers to improve our architecture and developer experience.
You will have made solid contributions to our product and stack, influenced our ways of working, shared knowledge and previous experiences, helping substantially with important decision-making.
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, Node.js, React, Golang, PSQL
- GraphQL, REST
- Pulumi, AWS, Vercel, Cloudflare, Fastly, New Relic, Github actions
Our expectations from you
- 6+ years of full-stack development experience, ideally using JS/TS and React.
- Experience writing testable code, following best practices and design patterns when applicable.
- Experience developing APIs, ideally using GraphQL and/or REST.
- Mindful about performance and able to measure it meaningfully.
- Strong expertise in analyzing product requirements and creating technical designs.
- Experience mentoring and coaching other teammates to grow and improve continuously.
- Experience leading a team, covering people and delivery management.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to take ownership, but also ask for help and advice when needed.
- Openness to feedback and willingness to learn, reflect, and grow within the organization.
- Experience in successfully driving technical, business, and people-related initiatives that improved productivity, performance, and quality.
- Experience creating integrations with other systems (Webhooks, Lambda functions, APIs).
- A good understanding of authentication and authorization protocols (OAuth, OIDC).
- Experience with GraphQL, Golang, Docker, and containerized applications.
- Experience with monitoring and observability tooling.
- Experience with web performance monitoring.
- Intro call with our People & Culture team.
- Interview with the Engineering team.
- Code-pairing if needed.
- Team Fit call.
- Reference Check and Offer.
The response time is usually within 2 weeks for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
At Hygraph we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms seamlessly. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Telenor, Burrow, Gamescom, and Shure. With over $10M in funding from OpenOcean, Peak, and Paua Ventures, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of over 60 colleagues, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
Working at Hygraph
- Our teams are passionate about our product.
- Self-motivation, trust, and collaboration is the driving factor for our success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with transparency, accountability, and ownership.
- We have a workstation budget to support the remote work on top of providing the latest company IT equipment (e.g. Macbook).
- We are curious, risk-takers, and we experiment with our ideas and make things happen.
- We work together to provide optimal solutions for our users and adapt to the people and market needs.
- Our flexible working model encourages us to work according to what works best for us and maintain an excellent work-life balance.
- We learn continuously through feedback and have a yearly learning budget to attend training and conferences.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 17 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
Hygraph is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique experiences, qualities, and different cultures enrich our workspace's productivity and promote innovation and creativity.