DataKitchen provides the world’s first DataOps platform for data-driven enterprises. Our platform enables analytic teams to deliver value quickly, reduce errors, and use the tools that they love.
DataKitchen is looking for a technical documentation specialist. This role will work with people from all parts of the company, including product owners and developers, services teams, marketing, and support, to develop, publish, and maintain the following artifacts.
- Comprehensive online and printable product documentation
- Release notes
- Getting started materials
- User training courses
At the time of hire, you must be physically located within GMT+1 (e.g., Italy) to GMT-8 (e.g., WA, USA). We will not consider candidates outside that time zone range because we value close collaboration and working sane hours.
- Write and maintain high-quality technical documentation in a clear, consistent and precise style.
- Document complex and evolving software products in an organized and efficient way.
- Create user-focused learning paths that empathize with users facing difficult technical and project problems.
- Maintain and administer the DataKitchen Documentation Library portal and its contents, including online help, context-sensitive help, installation guides, and other reference publications.
- Maintain the DataKitchen DataOps Academy training portal and its resident courses and learner accounts.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to produce consistent product messaging and to reach all target audiences.
- Provide recommendations to developers on user-interface text elements.
- Participate in Agile scrum ceremonies.
- Champion the value of documentation and enlist all parts of the company in the effort.
Desired skills and experience:
- Proven experience producing documentation on complex software products for multiple audiences.
- Experience learning new software products and acquiring in-depth knowledge of their use.
- Experience with help authoring and hosting tools, such as ClickHelp, RoboHelp, or MadCap Flare, and single-sourcing techniques.
- Excellent skills in American English grammar, word choice, tone, spelling, and sentence structure.
- Experience using static and video screen capture tools, performing basic image and video editing.
- Ability to create diagrams and simple graphics to explain complex technical concepts.
- Familiarity with design and layout principles and tools like PowerPoint, Google Suite, Lucidcharts, and Figma.
- Ability to decipher basic application code to gain a general understanding of what it is doing.
- Familiarity with command line interfaces and APIs.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and developing content iteratively.
- Ability to collaborate with team members of different cultures and skill levels.
We make our customers wildly successful while respecting each employee and person we work with. We move fast, love and learn from our errors, and fall forward. We embrace Agile Values and Principles.
DataKitchen is committed to being remote-first. Our employees are in the US, Argentina, Brazil, the Dominican Republic, Italy, Portugal, Jamaica, Sweden, and other locations -- including the Republic of No Fixed Address.
We do not work with recruiters. For everyone else, please apply by sending your resume to job-9PLb8atLNKw@gainful.io. DataKitchen is an EEO company.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DataKitchen, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable US federal, state and local laws. DataKitchen, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. DataKitchen, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DataKitchen, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
A background check is required.