Maharishi Foundation International (MFI) is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) organisations. Over the past 60 years, more than 10 million people worldwide have learned the TM technique through personal instruction by tens of thousands of certified teachers.
MFI is a growing, fully remote team of nearly 50 people, located around the globe but mainly in North America and Europe. As an organisation we are committed to leveraging modern technology and progressive management practices to make the TM technique and its related programmes more available to people everywhere.
We favour a healthy and balanced work environment with opportunities for personal development.
We are seeking a Video Producer to oversee the creation of a variety of video projects for the TM Community app. You will be part of a growing content team and will work closely with stakeholders and partners to realize content goals. As Video Producer you will play a key role in identifying video needs, as well as detailed production planning including budget, crew, and schedule. You will be the main point of focus for ensuring the success of a video shoot and the quality of the final product. This role is based remotely and reports to the Director of Communications located in the Netherlands. Some travel may be required.
You are creative and have a strong visual eye. You have experience in the video production field and are used to taking the lead on projects. You enjoy thinking about the big picture as well as detailed planning. You are comfortable coordinating with a variety of people and have excellent time management and interpersonal skills. You value understanding the ‘why’ of the project and not just the ‘how’.
- Leading the project concept process and overseeing the creation and refinement of scripts and other materials
- Selecting appropriate camera, audio, lighting equipment and crew
- Budgeting and scheduling all tasks within the video production process
- Managing cameramen, set designers, actors, and support staff
- Overseeing editing, audio and finalization of project
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders to discuss the project
- Ensuring a first-rate production quality of the final product
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience working in the video production field
- In-depth knowledge of video production processes and activities
- Able to lead a production team and manage several tasks at once
- Comfortable taking initiative and creative problem solving
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good time management abilities
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in video-editing or podcast producing is a plus
- Motivated for self-improvement and a healthy lifestyle, and open to / interested in Transcendental Meditation
- Experience of working in a global non-profit, working with a remote team or in a multinational organization preferred
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
If you are passionate about this work but do not have all of the skills listed we are still interested in speaking with you and encourage you to apply!
Pay and benefits
Our pay levels are set according to a formula that combines above-median market rate data for the role (we pay 55th percentile of New York market rate for this role, based on Payscale data) adjusted for your local cost of living based on Numbeo data.
We take the issue of equitable pay very seriously, and we apply our pay formula to all workers who work 80% or more of full time hours with us.
Diversity and inclusion
We care about diversity - we strive to ensure all of our team feel included and can bring their whole selves to work but we also know that this work is never ‘done’ or complete, and that we can always improve.
Our team is fully remote, living and working across 20 countries across the world, and we’d love to hear how you can add to our special culture at MFI.